What's new

Greenpois0n Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For Released! iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G & 3G, iPad, 3GS

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQuSwdrkQCk[/ame]​

Greenpois0n has finally been released by the Chronic Dev Team! Now I've been trying to actually Jailbreak my newly restored iPod Touch and my newly restored iPhone 4 with this tool and they are not working. Now this doesn't mean this isn't news, this could be a simple fixed that was missed in the final release. For now, use Limera1n, this problem could be fixed in no time or it could be fixed in a week, we don't know yet, more info as it comes in.

This release of greenpois0n supports:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3G S
- iPod touch (4th Generation)
- iPod touch (3rd Generation)
- iPad
Devices Supported In The Future
- Apple TV (2nd Generation)
- iPod touch (2nd Generation)

The Official Site:
greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n

Update #1: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JkmLhfdjo[/ame]

Update #2: Greenpois0n now fixed with RC3 Build.

Last edited:
Ran the program, it said it jailbroke the phone but didnt work, no cydia or any new programs on my phone or any icon indicating a jailbreak.

I have an iphone 4 4.1.

i hope it gets fixed soon.

i a tried limera1n after greenpois0n and it didnt work as well..i didnt have itunes running, the 2nd time i tried itunes was running and it worked, im no expert and i didnt try green with itunes on, but maybe it will work if itunes was running, just a thought for those who used green without itunes running.

Last edited:
I'm on the 4.0.1 version and it's jailbroken. Im curious if I do the greenpoison jailbreak, will I loose all the tweaks, and apps I hav downloaded from jailbreakme.com? This is my first iPhone so I am not familiar with new jailbreaks.

I'm on the 4.0.1 version and it's jailbroken. Im curious if I do the greenpoison jailbreak, will I loose all the tweaks, and apps I hav downloaded from jailbreakme.com? This is my first iPhone so I am not familiar with new jailbreaks.

Same boat as you and curious. I really don't have much as far as tweaks but wonder how I go to 4.1? Do I have to restore phone then go 4.1 or can I just load 4.1 on top of 4.0.1 jb?

Same boat as you and curious. I really don't have much as far as tweaks but wonder how I go to 4.1? Do I have to restore phone then go 4.1 or can I just load 4.1 on top of 4.0.1 jb?[/QUOTE]

My buddy just told me updating will loose all apps and tweaks. So I don't think I will use greenpoison. 4.1 really doesn't have anything that's a must have.

Same boat as you and curious. I really don't have much as far as tweaks but wonder how I go to 4.1? Do I have to restore phone then go 4.1 or can I just load 4.1 on top of 4.0.1 jb?

My buddy just told me updating will loose all apps and tweaks. So I don't think I will use greenpoison. 4.1 really doesn't have anything that's a must have.[/QUOTE]
so, what is it. upgrade to 4.1 then greenpoison to jailbreak? if I do that do retain all my previous jailbreak apps from before?

I have never jailboken any devices.

A quick question if I may......once jailbroke can one then attach the device to my Mac and sync with iTunes as normal?

Probably a simple question to most, but not me.

I have never jailboken any devices.

A quick question if I may......once jailbroke can one then attach the device to my Mac and sync with iTunes as normal?

Probably a simple question to most, but not me.

Yes, everything will work with iTunes just the same.

My buddy just told me updating will loose all apps and tweaks. So I don't think I will use greenpoison. 4.1 really doesn't have anything that's a must have.
so, what is it. upgrade to 4.1 then greenpoison to jailbreak? if I do that do retain all my previous jailbreak apps from before?[/QUOTE]

Anybody knows the answer to my question up above?

you cant backup your jailbreak apps no matter what you do.... so if you care about unlock dont upgrade with itunes, otherwise just upgrade and jailbreak with greenpoison or limera1n

you cant backup your jailbreak apps no matter what you do.... so if you care about unlock dont upgrade with itunes, otherwise just upgrade and jailbreak with greenpoison or limera1n

Thx for the reply and no I don' t care about unlock just want to jailbreak 4.1 so I will do that today

Thx for the reply and no I don' t care about unlock just want to jailbreak 4.1 so I will do that today

yw, then there is your answer you can officially upgrade to 4.1 and use any tools available for 4.1 jailbreak (greenpoison and limera1n)

its nice to not worry about unlock isent it :D