What's new

Great marketing idea Apple...and many fell for it.

DanTheDriver

Reaction score
iPhone users...sucked in to buy the latest phone.
It is nothing more then a huge opportunity for Apple to sell all those add on docks and things that the sales have dropped off on. What other reason could they have for making a different plug in?
This was a great move for Apple to increase sales of the peripherals. They can not make it on cell sales alone. They had no choice but to find a way to increase peripheral sales also.
Sad that all your toys are now useless.

So... what you're saying is, Apple should have stuck w/ the same outdated and oversized dock connector that they've been using for almost 10 years?

Sounds like that's what he's saying. Plus, there's absolutely, no chance of an adapter ever coming out...

Darn Apple. We've all been swindled....

LOL,nothing like a good laugh first thing in the morning ;)

I, for one, feel like a lowly ocean goer that's been hogswaggled by some iRate pirates! Really though... Innovation, Evolution.... but hey... let's keep the same 'ole dock connector. :p

Looks like millions have fallen for Apples ploy lol.

Actually, I find the new version plug in better, smaller and can be used both ways, I have never liked the large flat oversize one anyway, it was the worst out the lot.

So... what you're saying is, Apple should have stuck w/ the same outdated and oversized dock connector that they've been using for almost 10 years?

I'm an i5 owner....I think he's just referring to why they just didn't stick with the micro usb like all other phone manufacturers. In Europe Apple sells an adapter from lightning to micro usb. Besides what I don't understand is Apple was part of the consortium of phone manufacturers that decided to standardize the plug, yet they didn't do it. I feel they're just trying to nickle and dime with regards to that.

Otherwise love my phone.

michko said:
I'm an i5 owner....I think he's just referring to why they just didn't stick with the micro usb like all other phone manufacturers. In Europe Apple sells an adapter from lightning to micro usb. Besides what I don't understand is Apple was part of the consortium of phone manufacturers that decided to standardize the plug, yet they didn't do it. I feel they're just trying to nickle and dime with regards to that.

Otherwise love my phone.

i think he is actually talking about since apple has been using the same 30 pin connector for years and then just changed it on us was for no other use except to force people to replace all of their 30 pin accessories... apparently he missed the memo that theres an adapter

Apple changed the connector to make room in the device. Same reason they went to the nano SIM.

You can argue that they should have gone to micro USB - though that would have reduced the features available on the port - but the smaller connector was long overdue.

Apple changed the connector to make room in the device. Same reason they went to the nano SIM.

You can argue that they should have gone to micro USB - though that would have reduced the features available on the port - but the smaller connector was long overdue.

How would using micro USB reduce features available on the port?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Micro USB would only support charging and syncing, nothing else.

I know that micro USB has the capability to support more than that on some Android phones I've used so assumed it would on the iPhone if they wanted it to. I actually don't have a problem with the new connector and like it. I'm hoping it does offer more features and capability than micro USB. It seems to be more advanced and I can't wait until they start offering accessories for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

thewitt said:

What more do we need it to do in a world with air play and Bluetooth headsets