What's new

Apple's iPhone 5S sales Much Better Than Anticipated While the 5C Sales are Worse

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-5s-and-iphone5c-side-by-side.png

That's the thing about predicting the future sales of products... when you think you have it figured out, you probably don't. Apparently, sales predictions for Apple's new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C were skewed. Based upon a report from Plugged-in Taiwan-based market research firm TrendForce, the iPhone 5S sold better than expected, and the iPhone 5C sold worse than expected. This should ease the mind of investors who were worried that the cheaper iPhone 5C would eat into the margins of the iPhone 5S. Here's a quote with more of the details,

...Apple’s new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c smartphones accounted for more than 60% of the 33.8 million iPhones Apple sold last quarter. The firm also estimated that 5s and 5c shipments were split fairly evenly in Q3.

Moving forward, however, TrendFore says Apple has slashed iPhone 5c orders by a whopping 11 million units in the fourth quarter due to slower than expected sales, and the company increased iPhone 5s orders significantly to accommodate continued heavy demand. As a result, the firm expects the 5c to account for just 24% of total iPhone sales in the holiday quarter while the iPhone 5s makes up the lion’s share of Q4 iPhone sales.

TrendForce expects total holiday-quarter iPhone sales to grow to 48.9 million units, up a mere 2.2% from 47.8 million in the year-ago quarter.

Sound off and share which of the new iPhones you purchased.

Source: BGR

I recently purchased the iPhone 5s and a few days later it cracked from a fumble that a glass swan could have survived. Apple wants 269 dollars to fix the phone because they don't have replacement parts yet. Really? I might be an idiot for dropping my phone but I don't need my PhD to know that your product sucks and your customer service is even worse. Buyer beware.

I recently purchased the iPhone 5s and a few days later it cracked from a fumble that a glass swan could have survived. Apple wants 269 dollars to fix the phone because they don't have replacement parts yet. Really? I might be an idiot for dropping my phone but I don't need my PhD to know that your product sucks and your customer service is even worse. Buyer beware.
I'm sorry to hear about the accident to your iPhone. The repair fee quoted for your iPhone is the standard charge for an out of warranty repair. The Apple warranty on any of their products has never covered accidental damage such as yours suffered. Apple is known for having the best customer service in the industry.

Just because you dropped your phone does not mean that the product sucks or they have poor customer service. Apple does offer AppleCare+ which would have covered damage caused by dropping the phone.