What's new

Gray Bar down left side of screen

kb504

Reaction score
Today I dropped my phone and when I picked it up, the screen wasn't cracked but there was a small gray line going down the left side. The screen wasn't shifted over it was just as if the gray bar was covering some of the screen. Is this an internal problem that can't be fixed or can I somehow do something? P

The iPhone screen is comprised of three layers... the outer glass, touch screen dititizer & LCD screen... all sandwiched together. Unfortunately... sounds as though you've damaged a row of the LCD screen. The only remedy is most likely replacing the screen. What iPhone model do you have? I'll post a link that shows step by step on screen replacement if you'd like.

The iPhone screen is comprised of three layers... the outer glass, touch screen dititizer & LCD screen... all sandwiched together. Unfortunately... sounds as though you've damaged a row of the LCD screen. The only remedy is most likely replacing the screen. What iPhone model do you have? I'll post a link that shows step by step on screen replacement if you'd like.

aw! that's probably the case. I have an iPhone 4