What's new

GPS navigation is 'not working'

riv3r

Reaction score
iPhone4s
iOS6.1 (10B142)
jailbroken using evasi0n

I had the phone jailbroken when evasi0n first launched.

I didnt really use GPS navigation that much at the time but later I found out that navigation is not really working.
My phone is able to pinpoint the location i am currently at using both apple and google maps. The only thing not working is when i have turn by turn navigation turned on, I get stuck at one point and not move even if I am so. The arrowhead also always points front.
However, when using the compass feature on google maps, the phone is able to determine which direction it is pointing at.

I searched the internet and found out that some people also had the same issue.
I tried turning off location services and turning them back on,
on-off airplane mode,
uninstalling sbsettings, and it still doesnt work
It is not working even in safe mode.

Help?
Should I rejailbreak? How do I do that? apple is currently signing 6.1.3 and evasi0n only supports 6.1.2

Last edited:
Are you unlocked using UltraSn0w on the iPad Baseband by any chance.

I'll see if I can find the old GPS Fix package. I've yet to hear of a GPS problem on a 3GS that's not on the 06.15.00 baseband

Thanks. But does a 3GS = 4s? coz I have a 4s, and you mentioned 3GS in your reply?

Non-3GS* typo. The 4S I've never heard of a GPS problem for at all. I doubt it'll work but you can give it a try once I find it on my external hard drive. Also make sure that the Evasi0n patch installed is the latest version.

How do I make sure its the latest version? Do i just re-run the evasi0n software?

Just open up Cydia, and go to Changes and reload it. Make. Sure that Evasion Untether for iOS 6 is not on the list for updates