What's new

GPS location does not work when "No Service"

mikimaris

Reaction score
GPS works fine as long there is a cell phone network available - fast, accurate, great due to A-GPS.
Now, imagine you're driving around, using off-line maps (or any other App which shows your current coordinates) and at some point you enter the area with no network coverage. Then - the location is not updated, but stays at the position where the phone lost the cell phone network signal!?!?!?!? I tried to be patient and waited for many minutes for it to find the location - nothing...

If I'd restart the App - nothing happens. OK - I would understand it may take a while then, but even after 10mins - nothing

Does anyone have a solution for this?

P.S. So far I have never managed to get a GPS location in the area without network coverage

My Nokia on the other hand works perfectly!!!! Max 2 mins to lock the coordinates from satelite signal only - even on the "new" continent...

Use the inbuild map and turn on the location services in you phone settings. Touch the low left icon in the map app to show your currant location. That one should work with satelite if u don't have network coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk