What's new

GPS app

jmdlcar

Reaction score
What is a free download and free to use GPS app?

Last edited:
@70 and I know 0% about cell phone and 0% about apps. I will find a flip cell phone and use it. This will be my last message on this fourm. I know very little about Windows too. I been a Linux user for 17 years.

So I hope your luck with your iPhone.

And have a good day.

Jack

Jack, our apologies if your question was not answered in a timely manner, but as I am sure you are aware, the forum is staffed by volunteers all of whom have jobs, families and other things going on it their lives. Anyway, what exactly are you looking for in a 'GPS' app? The native Apple Maps app, or the free Google Maps app, are both more than capable of pinpointing your location if that's all you are looking for? You have a fairly old iPhone there assuming you have a 4S, but the turn-by-turn navigation that both Apple Maps and Google Maps apps offer is also available for an iPhone of that vintage.

Jack, our apologies if your question was not answered in a timely manner, but as I am sure you are aware, the forum is staffed by volunteers all of whom have jobs, families and other things going on it their lives. Anyway, what exactly are you looking for in a 'GPS' app? The native Apple Maps app, or the free Google Maps app, are both more than capable of pinpointing your location if that's all you are looking for? You have a fairly old iPhone there assuming you have a 4S, but the turn-by-turn navigation that both Apple Maps and Google Maps apps offer is also available for an iPhone of that vintage.
I want to thank you. I know my 4s is old but I want to use it phone calls and my Music CD if I can.

I did see Maps app and I want see if it can tell to how to get somewhere so I won't get lost. I'm not sure how to do it. Like I said I know 0% about cell phone.

The map app just requires an address or location and also needs to have your location services turned on in settings. Not hard to do at all. Just go into settings and under privacy, location services, and make sure maps has access to your location. Then you will just need to type in the place you want to go. And it should give you a route and directions to that route. Hope this helps and the maps work well. Have used them many many times to get places.