What's new

Google Bringing Voice Search to iOS Google Search App

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

Google has announced today that iOS device users will soon be getting some new features for Google Search on their iPhones, iPads and iPod touches. Most significant of these is the ability to ask Search a question out loud and have the answer spoken back to you as well. Basically, it works exactly like Siri! The app uses Google’s Knowledge Graph to provide exactly the information you want, such as what time a flight is leaving, what is the weather like, and so on. You can also ask it to do things for you, such as show you a YouTube video. The app has already been updated on the latest version of Android, with the iOS update coming to the App Store “within the next couple of days,” The Verge reports Google as saying. It has been submitted to Apple for its approval, so it’s just a question of when Apple allows it onto the App Store.

Source: Voice Search ? Inside Search ? Google via The Verge

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, yeah. I highly doubt Apple will allow this update.
I have an iphone 4, and since Apple took away the Siri app and then won't allow Siri to be on the iphone 4, I'd love to have this. It kinda irks me..

Evi is much the same and works well. You can already get it in the app store. I agree that it is wrong of apple to deny iPhone 4 users Siri when it was originally released for the 4.

Um, yeah. I highly doubt Apple will allow this update.
I have an iphone 4, and since Apple took away the Siri app and then won't allow Siri to be on the iphone 4, I'd love to have this. It kinda irks me..

Well, you've totally missed out - I've been using it for weeks now...and it's working fine.

Google Voice Search - it's in the Google app after it updated...

I have the google search app but there has'nt been an update yet for this 'enhanced' version. My app does'nt speak as in the updated version.