What's new

Google Launches Revamped Search App for iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNILRfRAjvY]YouTube - Google Search app for iPhone[/ame]​

Google has today announced details of its revamped Google Search App for iPhone, which has been redesigned to make it faster and easier to execute a Google search on your iPhone or iPod touch. According to the Google Mobile Blog, the app, which used to be called Google Mobile, is now called Google Search. Google says that the revamped app gives the user lots more ways to interact with Google Search. For example, when browsing through search results or looking at a website, you can swipe down to view the search bar or to change your settings. And if you’ve got Google apps installed on your phone, you’ll find that the nifty “Apps” button at the bottom of the screen should come in very handy. Google has also added a new toolbar to the app, designed to make it easier to filter results, and has also made it easier to pick up where you left off from if you leave the app during a search and come back to it. Aside from all the aforementioned new features, Google says that it has also made improvements to some popular features from the old app, such as Google Goggles, Voice Search, Search with My Location, Gmail unread counts and much more. And if all that Google goodness sounds a bit mind-boggling, they’ve also provided a handy Help function.

Sources: Google Search app for iPhone—a new name and a new look - Official Google Mobile Blog

I have installed the update on Verizon IP4 running 4.2.6 (8E200) and JB. When I open the app in my car it takes over the bluetooth link to my car and appears on the car screen to be making a call for 15 to 25 seconds. The phone is not dialing out when this happens. Is anyone else having this happen? Trying to figure out if it is an app problem or a problem with my car. :confused: