What's new

Gmail for iOS Gets Updated with Support for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
10678-3031-141006-Gmail-l.png

Google has issued an update to its popular Gmail client for iOS, making it compatible for the Retina HD displays found in Apple's latest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones.

The latest version of Gmail for iOS brings native screen resolution support for Apple's 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus, which means users no longer have to rely on iOS for scaling up graphics and text.

Previously, the Gmail app had to be scaled for Apple's larger iPhone models, which which now carry Retina HD displays in resolutions of 1,334-by-750 pixels for the 4.7-inch version and 1,920-by-1,080 pixels for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus.

This was rather annoying for users, as resulting graphics reproduction was fuzzy, especially on the 6 Plus' 401ppi panel. Go ahead and follow the link from below to get the updated app.

Source: iTunes

Thanks! Just downloaded it. To be honest, I don't really notice much of a difference...

Why not just set up your gmail account within the default email client? What differences does this app have over the default client?

Why not just set up your gmail account within the default email client? What differences does this app have over the default client?

The big thing for me is that it allows you to go to the next message just by swiping from right to left across the screen when reading your email.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk