- Nov 27, 2012
- Reaction score
The new iPhones are here, so if you're looking to make an upgrade, you're probably not quite sure what to choose. It was perhaps easier last year, when you had to choose between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c, as the former one was obviously much better.
This time, however, it's harder to choose, as the new iPhones seem to be equally powerful. The big difference seems to be made by the increased size. But let's have a look at other important differences:
- Pricing and capacity - the iPhone 6 Plus is going to be more expensive by $100 for all variants. So, the entry-level 16GB model will retail for $299 and the iPhone 6 for $199. Unlocked, the iPhone 6 will sell for $649 and the iPhone 6 Plus for $749
- Weight and Dimensions - the iPhone 6 is obviously a more 'cosier' choice, so it will be lighter and easier to carry. It comes with a height of 5.44 inches compared to 6.22 inches on the iPhone 6 Plus, a width of 2.64 inches compared to 3.06 inches, a depth of 0.27 inch compared to 0.28 inch and a weight of 4.55 ounces compares to 6.07 ounces.
- Display - both come with a Retina HD display, the iPhone 6 has a 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, with a 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi and a 1400:1 contrast ratio. The iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, with a 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi and a1300:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Camera - the iPhone 6 Plus comes with Optical image stabilization, which is a big plus over the digital image stabilization present in the iPhone 6.
- Battery - the iPhone 6 Plus is bigger and, naturally, it comes with a bigger capacity. Thus, it comes with a talk time of up to 24 hours on 3G compared to 14 hours on 3G; it has a standby time of up to 16 days compared to 10 days; up to 12 hours compared to 10 hours on 3G browse and up to 12 hours on LTE compared to 10; up to 12 hours on 11 hours on Wi-Fi; video playback: up to 14 hours compared to 11 hours and audio playback of up to 80 hours to 50 hours