What's new

Glass on Back of iPhone 4S Shattered, Need Replacement Part

jdawg5600

Reaction score
Hey All,

Noob to the forum here, I tried to search for this topic assuming that someone had already posted about it this at some point but had no success so here I go...

The back of my iPhone shattered this past weekend and I'm in need of some suggestions ASAP. I've looked around on the net a little for a replacement part but haven't had much success... it seems like the parts are really expensive ($80-$90) and are legit OEM or on the cheaper side ($10-$20) but the reviews seem horrific for these.

Can anyone recommend me a legitimate website to buy a replacement part? It doesn't have to be black, I'm open to suggestions... I just want it to cover the back snugly and not interfere with reception...

Thanks so much in advance!

$IMG_7681.jpg

Replacing the back glass is the easiest task to accomplish on an iPhone 4.

All you need to do is order a back plate. They are $25....$30 max.

All you do is take the 2 screws out of the bottom and the back ate slides up about a 1/4" and it pulls rite off.

Way easy.

Just make sure to check and see whether you have phillips screws or 5 point pentalobe screws. You will have to order that and not a bad idea to get an extra set of screws in case you strip or lose one.......or both.

By the way..

S-W Box website. www.swbox.com.

Top quality....nice price. Speaking from experience. Top quality.

Last edited:
As Zig mentioned above... replacing the back panel is the easiest repair to accomplish on your 4S. I do, however, recommend purchasing ONLY OEM replacement parts for any iDevice. Yes, OEM parts are going to be more expensive but, they WILL NOT void your warranty. Here's a step by step How To on the replacement.. Installing iPhone 4S Rear Panel - iFixit And a link to the OEM part.. iPhone 4S Rear Glass Panel - iFixit

I clicked on that link, but couldn't find anything to do with iPhone parts.....

Replacing the back glass is the easiest task to accomplish on an iPhone 4.

All you need to do is order a back plate. They are $25....$30 max.

All you do is take the 2 screws out of the bottom and the back ate slides up about a 1/4" and it pulls rite off.

Way easy.

Just make sure to check and see whether you have phillips screws or 5 point pentalobe screws. You will have to order that and not a bad idea to get an extra set of screws in case you strip or lose one.......or both.

By the way..

S-W Box website. www.swbox.com.

Top quality....nice price. Speaking from experience. Top quality.