What's new

CAN'T BACK UP IPHONE 4s

deean

Reaction score
I found several threads on here about problems with iphones not connecting to itunes which is my problem. My 4s is not jail broken. I have windows xp on a desktop with 2 usb ports. I have tried numerous times to get this thing to connect to itunes without success.

What is the problem with these apple phones anyways? I am almost disappointed I bought into the hype. I mean I love the apps and stuff but getting this thing to backup is something else.
I had a blackberry before this and never once had a problem. I think apple needs some improving.

Anyways, I was hoping to find someone on here to help me back this phone up, the help would be most appreciated!

Every time i plug my phone into either usb port my phone only shows up in "my computer" as a camera/scanner. How can I get this changed?
I have uninstalled itunes and re-installed and have the current one. I have tried both usb ports, shut down and reboot pc etc.. nothing works.

Is there someone out there who found a way to get this to work? I really don't want to do a restore and risk having the problems many on here have had.

Thanks in Advance!
Dee

Have you tried using a different cable? Sounds like you've tried everything else I could suggest. (I'm not hopeful since Windows is finding the phone.

One other suggestion. Have you authorized your computer? If not, go to the Store menu in iTunes, and select "Authorize This Computer". You'll need to input your AppleID and password, and then, hopefully, everything should work.

Have you tried using a different cable? Sounds like you've tried everything else I could suggest. (I'm not hopeful since Windows is finding the phone.

One other suggestion. Have you authorized your computer? If not, go to the Store menu in iTunes, and select "Authorize This Computer". You'll need to input your AppleID and password, and then, hopefully, everything should work.

Hi Kevin thanks for your help. I haven't tried a different cable, Its not that old and I didnt think that could be the problem but I could get a new one just to see. I have "authorized" the computer and in fact I tried again tonight and it gave me an error code " itunes could not connect to the itunes store. An unknown error occured ( 11333 ). "
And underneath this error message it says "Make sure your network connection is active and try again. "

Do you know what this code means?
I am pretty sure my network connection is active as I have been on the internet alot tonight so somehow its not detecting my internet connection, I don't know why.

If I can find out what the meaning of this code is, I might be able to fix it and get it working again.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks again! Dee

11333 IIRC is an AV/firewall issue preventing your ports from being used. Disable them temporarily and re-try.

11333 IIRC is an AV/firewall issue preventing your ports from being used. Disable them temporarily and re-try.

Thanks Willerz2. You said " AV/ firewall Issue" what is " AV"? Not really sure what that is. Can you explain a little?