What's new

Urgent: Where to buy iPhone 4S Front screen replacement?

leon_nerd

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need to buy iPhone 4S front screen replacement kit. I dropped my phone and the front glass cracked. It still works, swipe and everything but the glass is broken.

So, I am not sure where to buy it. I looked at ifixit.com and it seems lots of people are buying from there and they are happy too. But, it is too costly. With shipment it is coming out to be $159 for me.

I checked amazon.ca. There are some cheap parts there but I don't know if they will be a good buy. I am not trying to buy something for $30 but expecting that I can buy a good one for around $80. Can I?

What do you suggest? What should I look for when buying? What are your experiences buying the front screen for iPhone 4S?

Also, I read that there is a glass and then digitizer. Can I buy only the glass?

Please, suggest something. This is urgent.

Thanks,
Leon

Would that be easy just to take to apple and pay them. I think they charge 199.00 for replacements.

Buy from ifixit.com or call apple and see what their price is to have it replaced by them.

Seriously don't by crap from amazon or ebay, you want the best go with what i said and others.

No BS

Also buy the tool kit from ifixit.com and a static charge wrist band with gator clip as last thing you want to to do is send a charge of static to you phones parts cause you will do damage to it.

ifixit has step by step videos in most cases.

Be careful if you plan on doing the repair. Be sure to print out a screw mat so every single screw is accounted for and goes back from which it came from. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot everyone for your quick replies. I went ahead with ifixit.com and ordered the screen replacement along with the toolkit. The phone is with my sister overseas and the Apple store there refused to replace the screen since it wasn't bought there. I don't understand that logic but anyways the only option is to replace it myself. I am going to check out the videos on ifixit.com and hopefully will be able to replace the screen properly.

Thanks a lot again for all your support and replies. You guys rock.

Your welcome, yeah its weird apple store over seas wouldn't do anything as its a apple store, maybe just dumb policies.

Just make sure to watch the videos and be very careful about the antenna's hookups as they are tiny and can be easily broken.

Also if you haven't got one, get a static discharge wrist band with a alligator clip to help ensure you don't send a static charge to any of the componets or you will end up damaging them.

Good luck, its pretty straight forward to do, take your time and make sure each screw goes back in same place it came from as 1 or two screws are actually a little longer then some and if put in wrong spot will go through the screen so be careful is all.