What's new

Getting a Free Bumper for iPhone 4 from Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

iF0n3

Reaction score
I'm from India and I had ordered an iPhone 4 16GB at the Singapore Online Apple Store for delivery at one of my distant relative's address. They will be delivering the iPhone after about 3 days. After the phone gets delivered, I would still not be getting it as late as 5th December, that is when one of my relative would be coming to India from Singapore.

But I'm worried if the Antennagate comes to haunt my iPhone experience. So I would love to get a Bumper for free, just in case I start having problems with the antenna (even if I don't have antenna problems, it will still protect the phone :)) So I am thinking about contacting the Customer Support service to get the bumper. I don't want to bother my relatives (as they are quite distant) so would love to make a request to the Apple Support Service online? Can I do this online? (I know I can request a bumper by calling them, don't know if I can request online) Also, if I can request for it online, what are the details can I expect they may ask from me?

Thanks, very happy to join the best iPhone forum on net. :D

When Steve Jobs announced during a press conference in July that all iPhone 4 users would receive a free case, he set a deadline of September 30 to reevaluate the program. Apple has, and they will discontinue it.

“We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought,” the company said on its website on Friday. “A small percentage of iPhone 4 users need a case, and we want to continue providing them a Bumper case for free. For everyone else, we are discontinuing the free case program on all iPhone 4s sold after September 30, 2010.”

Apple also said it would return to its normal return policy for the iPhone 4 after September 30.

If you really think you have a problem iPhone, you still have the option of calling AppleCare and speaking with Apple directly.

Apple began the free case program in response to complaints over the iPhone 4 antenna and reports of the device losing signal strength. The cases seemed to stem the tide of complaints since Apple started giving them away.

Source :

Apple to discontinue free iPhone Bumper Case program on Sept. 30 | The Loop

My question is, can I request them online?

I'm not sure about online, but if you order a free case from apple they will send it to the address where your iPhone was delivered.

That was the case with the free case program anyway...

I don't have any problem if they deliver it to the address to which they delivered the iPhone, I just don't want to ask my relatives to make a call. I would like to request it online here :

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Would they entertain it?
Thanks.

I tried to contact them through the site, but I don't think they would accept it that way. The only way is to make a call. Would the Support landline be open on Sunday?

theres no such thing as "Antennagate " its all lies

I have has my iPhone 4 for about 3 -4 months and the and antenna gate was an issue for me. Not while making calls but when writing txts and emails by the time I hit sent my phone would be searching for signal. I bought a bumper case from eBay for about £1 and the problem is no more.

theres no such thing as "Antennagate " its all lies
No, it was not all lies. I experienced it first hand. Any case will solve it though.

Easier to buy one on ebay for 99 cents and free shipping.

This thread should have stayed in 2010s dead pile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.