What's new

From blue to green...

He just got back to me. He's responding via iPad and his message is going to his iPad. That's why it's blue.
ah,just as suggested might be the case in post 13,mystery solved.

danijoh69 said:
Each of us has an iPhone. Frequently, when we send messages to each other the message will be blue, then change to green. Why is that? We have AT&T , are using Wi-Fi when it happens, and does not happen every time. All of us have IOS6. Does anyone know why this happens?

My wife doesn't get good service when she's at work. We both have iPhones. When I send her a text when she's at work sometimes it sends it as a green bubble cause of her service. But if she's not at work it sends as a blue iMessage every time.

Sent from my iPhone 4!

Can I ask the significance of the changing color? I understand what the different colors mean, but why is it important for us to distinguish what phone the called number is to? To help control message count for those without unlimited texts? Or is this just to add flavor to the iOS?

mike

Can I ask the significance of the changing color? I understand what the different colors mean, but why is it important for us to distinguish what phone the called number is to? To help control message count for those without unlimited texts? Or is this just to add flavor to the iOS?

mike
for me i suppose its a way of knowing if i'm paying or not,if you are having a very lengthy conversation its nice to know its free as in iMessage.

Is iMessage free?? I wasnt aware of that one.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Is iMessage free?? I wasnt aware of that one.....

iMessage is free in the sense that it does not count against your SMS or MMS plan on your cellular provider. But it does go against your data plan. The good news is, SMS type iMessages are low byte count so you shouldn't impact your data plan greatly unless you are doing thousands of text messages. OF course if you send a LOT of pictures (MMS) messages, then it can add up quickly.

That's what I thought.......nothing's free in this world :)