What's new

From blue to green...

Can you please open messaging and look at those txts again. If they are still blue my world is upside down or some one is not paying attention.
Oh and all return text are the same color

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

OK, I sent the text and it was blue background, black letters. He replied he no longer has an iPhone. That came in a white background with black letters

im confused too,iMessage can be sent to other Apple devices that are connected to wifi,i send them from my macbook pro and iPad 2,but iMessages can also be sent from an iphone without wifi using 3G..... i wonder if your friend has other idevices or did he reply from a non i device?

I don't believe that's the case, wouldn't his reply have been colored?

OK, I sent the text and it was blue background, black letters. He replied he no longer has an iPhone. That came in a white background with black letters

I don't believe that's the case, wouldn't his reply have been colored?
the replies i get if its from an iphone or a non idevice are a white/grey bubble with black text.

Either he's messing with you and still has an idevice or that was a fluke.

There's always that possibility but I rather doubt it.

I sent a gtalk to another person who has an iPhone and asked her to text me. No response, and I don't think we've exchanged numbers in the past so I might not hear from her at all. But if I do I'll let you know.

I say again, return texts are always the same color. iMessage or SMS no different

yes, that is true as i said also,they are the same so you can tell by the colour of YOUR bubble if its an idevice or not.

yes, that is true as i said also,they are the same so you can tell by the colour of YOUR bubble if its an idevice or not.

Thank you Poisonivy
The problem the op described is when, as I have already said is when your phone expects to send an iMessage and the conditions on the receiving phone have changed, it appears as blue until your phone works out that these conditions have changed, at which point the txt is sent as SMS and the color changes to green. This sometimes takes up to some minutes and may go unnoticed which is why I asked Hook to go back and check again

Last edited:
By the way while this is happening,( the phone is deciding), if you long tap the message you will get an option box pop up allowing you to send as SMS immediately. This is useful if you don't want to wait for the txt to send ( as I said it can take several minutes to work all this out)

Thank you Poisonivy
The problem the op described is when, as I have already said is when your phone expects to send an iMessage and the conditions on the receiving phone have changed, it appears as blue until your phone works out that these conditions have changed, at which point the txt is sent as SMS and the color changes to green. This sometimes takes up to some minutes and may go unnoticed which is why I asked Hook to go back and check again

hmm,thats interesting,i didnt know that could happen,it will answer questions for some members.

And for those that are color blind each txt tells you it's status ie Sent as Text Message, if iMessage was intended but not achieved. Delivered, if iMessage, Read if iMessage, and Text Message if normal SMS and just the date if iMessage has never been achieved as to other than Idevice

Last edited:
So you can't do what I asked.
Don't suppose you want to try it again?

I really think doubting that what I saw wasn't right, but just to satisfy your curiosity I sent him another text. It was in blue.

He goes through about 5 phones in a year, usually Android the 4gs was the first iPhone I ever saw him get. I don't know what he's using now.

I also showed my wife the text and she agreed it was blue. lol Her text are green so it's not a case of color blindness.

I really think doubting that what I saw wasn't right, but just to satisfy your curiosity I sent him another text. It was in blue.

He goes through about 5 phones in a year, usually Android the 4gs was the first iPhone I ever saw him get. I don't know what he's using now.

I also showed my wife the text and she agreed it was blue. lol Her text are green so it's not a case of color blindness.

So you actually don't know if it was an Idevice you sent to or not
Did you ask him?
Did you go back to the text after a time and check to see if it was still blue?
Did you look at the status of the text to see what it was according to the list I posted ?

He just got back to me. He's responding via iPad and his message is going to his iPad. That's why it's blue.