What's new

From Android to iPhone

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Paul. I am a big fan of Google and Microsoft. I used to be pretty anti-Apple until I got so fed up with Android that I gave iPhone a try and I have fallen completely in love with Apple. Everything that I was told about the iPhone was simply not true. It is the superior phone. About me: I'm a 26 year old software developer (.Net C#) and I have had a Motorola Droid 1 and an HTC Thunderbolt. Both were rooted and I flashed a new rom almost daily to try to get a functional operational phone. Going to an iPhone was the best decision I ever made. Now I won't be wasting my life rooting to fix what should be working. I am actually texting my friends and using my phone because it just works! Battery life and having well designed apps are just awesome. I'm even considering getting a MacBook Pro for my next laptop. I've been converted. Loving my iPhone and iMessage and Facetime and being able to email pictures so easily.... <sigh> Makes me sad to think what I've missed over the last few years.

Anyway, hello. lol.

Haha. Sounds like my story. I enjoyed the flashing of custom roms on my DX, but figured it was time to try something new. It almost got annoying how obsessed I was with trying different roms. BTW, macbook pro is awesome. Works a lot better than with windows, plus the multitouch pad is awesome. It pretty much makes the mouse obsolete.

Boy do I identify with you!! Had a few HTC phones and a Droid x that would constantly reboot themselves, we're buggy and light at times. Switched to iPhone 4 and man I'm in heaven. Now I want an iPad 2! Can't wait for that. Any restrictions Apple has that I was afraid of before are well worth it now. Glad to hear your story cuz I concur!

BigMcGuire said:
Hello everyone, my name is Paul. I am a big fan of Google and Microsoft. I used to be pretty anti-Apple until I got so fed up with Android that I gave iPhone a try and I have fallen completely in love with Apple. Everything that I was told about the iPhone was simply not true. It is the superior phone. About me: I'm a 26 year old software developer (.Net C#) and I have had a Motorola Droid 1 and an HTC Thunderbolt. Both were rooted and I flashed a new rom almost daily to try to get a functional operational phone. Going to an iPhone was the best decision I ever made. Now I won't be wasting my life rooting to fix what should be working. I am actually texting my friends and using my phone because it just works! Battery life and having well designed apps are just awesome. I'm even considering getting a MacBook Pro for my next laptop. I've been converted. Loving my iPhone and iMessage and Facetime and being able to email pictures so easily.... <sigh> Makes me sad to think what I've missed over the last few years.

Anyway, hello. lol.

Hi I just did the same thing I had several android rooted phones and got sick of all the problems like freezing and battery pulls. I just got 4s and love it,far superior to any droid phone I've had. Welcome to the club.

michelleahern said:
Hi I just did the same thing I had several android rooted phones and got sick of all the problems like freezing and battery pulls. I just got 4s and love it,far superior to any droid phone I've had. Welcome to the club.

I had to switch because I really think I was obsessed with flashing roms. I'd try a different one every day. I do miss some of the menu options on Android though.

Same here, started on BlackBerry then went Android and now I've got the 4S and love it. In fact only a few weeks after I got my iPhone I got me a black 64GB iPad 2.

blackngray70 said:
Same here, started on BlackBerry then went Android and now I've got the 4S and love it. In fact only a few weeks after I got my iPhone I got me a black 64GB iPad 2.

I am with you ! Was blackberry then android and iPhone since April!! Love it

Hi when the iPhone first came out I wasn't obsessed like most of my colleagues but I eventually got one and have loved it ever since. It's just so simple and I guess that is one of the reasons I love it. I have gotten jealous that droids seem to be more customizable but I still want to stick with my iPhone.