What's new

Immigrant from Android

WelshWizard

Reaction score
Hi all

After 4 years on Android I decided a change was needed and I've just had my first iPhone, the 4s. I'm impressed so far! I'm not going to become one of those "I cannot stfu about Apple" iPhone owners as it isn't the ultimate phone - Android was better in some areas - but it is very, very good!

Welcome Welsh.... and I agree with your assertions. But just for my info, how was the Android better in some areas?? Be specific. Thanks. Note: I agree with you, but would like your thoughts on that.

It tends to be small things really....although Safari is very very good I prefer the Android browser slightly more. The tap-to-zoom was a bit better, it zoomed in at just the right amound. And the way it would fit the text to the screen automatically was useful. Both aren't exactly game-changers for me, as I said it's the small things. The bookmarks on Android seem a little better organised.

I'm also a fan of drag-and drop, so having to load things through itunes is a little annoying but I'll get used to it. I like to add my own ringtones to contacts and having to convert them then add them back to itunes again is a bit of a potch.

But I stress these things will not put me off my iPhone (just as well, I'm on week 1 of a 24 month contract).

WelshWizard said:
Hi all

After 4 years on Android I decided a change was needed and I've just had my first iPhone, the 4s. I'm impressed so far! I'm not going to become one of those "I cannot stfu about Apple" iPhone owners as it isn't the ultimate phone - Android was better in some areas - but it is very, very good!

Hi being brand new to the world of iPhone I was wondering if any one could recommend me a defend app what will let me assign my favourite songs as ringtones or isn't it possible?thanks :)