What's new

Iphone convert from Android

DMC

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been an Android girl for years but selected the Iphone 4S a day or so ago for my upgrade. I have mixed feelings about it still but I'm hoping I start to love it :)

DMC

What phone did you upgrade from? I had the OG Droid, Fascinate, Charge & Nexus. I returned the GN and grabbed a 4s. The only feature I miss from Android is the back button. Besides that, I prefer the iPhone and iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I ran WiMo then Android, iOS takes a little while. I am on month number 5 and I still learn something from this forum every week.

Sent from my iPhone 4S on Sprints Now Network.

I came from a Galaxy 2 II a month or two ago. Of course I've rocked an Android phone since the T-Mobile G1 days. I can honestly say other than having the freedom to copy things on/off my device and install apps off the market I think my change to the 4S was a very good one.

I'm very happy myself for the change. Yes I said it. I gave up a Galaxy S II for an iPhone. ;)

i've been with android for 3 or 4 yrs and once i used the iphone4s...i'll never go back to slow droid :)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It is a learning curve (getting out of your comfort zone) but stick with it!

what i like about iphone is the form factor. and the build of the phone unlike othe phones that when i hold feels like very plastic. i love its OS. very user friendly. i dont even need to read manuals. i like the touchscreen. super responsive. the camera is great and beats almost all of its comprtitors. super fast and doesnt get lag. perfect phone for me. i dont like too big screens and i hate holding it with two hands. unlike iphone i can use one hand. and its gui (graphical user interface) is perfect and user friendly. i see that its a tough phone because of its build. i drop my phone several times. chest level. and its working flawlessly. and also its app store. many good apps that android dont have

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I'm a brand new member and new to iPhones. My last phone was a Samsung Instinct which I got because it was iPhone like but there's no comparison...my iPhone 4 rocks and I have no reason to change.

I just ordered a 4s and it's supposed to be here on Monday. I have had an Android since Verizon released them. What are some of the bigger obstacles that you all encountered when making the switch? I know that I'll miss Google Nav, Swiftkey and the widgets.

I dunno, I moved from a Samsung Android phone to an iPhone 4S at Christmas and I can't say that I have missed much about the Android system. The iPhone does take a bit of getting used to and there are pluses and minuses for both operating systems. I have recently jail-broken my iPhone 4S mind you, so I have done a few customisations and tweaks that I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise, but overall I am happy that I made the change and I love my iPhone 4S. But it is horses for courses I suppose...