What's new

friends hate my iphone4..... :(

loco

Reaction score
well, ive had my verizon iphone4 for about a month now. i really like it. however, my friends and family dont. they all complain about the way they receive my text messages.

according to them, every text i send them has to be downloaded as though its a picture. they hate holding txt conversations with me because of this.

also, if they include me in on a mass text and i reply.....my reply gets sent to everyone in the group. this doesnt sound to bad until i start getting a bunch of texts from strangers saying "who is this?".

so, is this just the way the iphone sends texts ? or am i missing some setting somewhere ? when i respond to a group sent text, how do i respond to just the sender ?

btw, my phone is jailbroken and im using bitesms.

My phone is not jailbroken, but I do not have that issue (at least not that I know of). Could it be the app you are using?

Never used group texting. I've never had anyone complain about the way they receive texts from me...

Yeah same here no complaints.

I did notice that there is a setting under stock messaging that says group sms on or off. When this was on it replied to everyone in the mass text. Since I shut it off it works normal.

I remember when I had the droid and used handcent there was a setting under it that if the message was over 160 characters it made it into a mms. Might check and see if there is a similar setting in your app.

Thats.... Very odd. Group texting could be useful for some people though.

yeah I could see where it would be useful but be nice to have option to reply to all or just one. I don't have a need for it so I just leave it off.

It would be nice to have the option like email to "reply" or "reply to all". Maybe that is something that can be added when a software update happens.

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem. I wonder if there is a setting for this. however, my phone is NOT jailbroken and I use the texting app that came with the phone.

Thanks,
Lenny

well, ive had my verizon iphone4 for about a month now. i really like it. however, my friends and family dont. they all complain about the way they receive my text messages.

according to them, every text i send them has to be downloaded as though its a picture. they hate holding txt conversations with me because of this.

also, if they include me in on a mass text and i reply.....my reply gets sent to everyone in the group. this doesnt sound to bad until i start getting a bunch of texts from strangers saying "who is this?".

so, is this just the way the iphone sends texts ? or am i missing some setting somewhere ? when i respond to a group sent text, how do i respond to just the sender ?

btw, my phone is jailbroken and im using bitesms.

I'm with AT&T and do not use "group text." I am jailbroken, however. Zero problems with me sending texts to multiple carriers in the U.S.A. Most texts I recieve are fine but some carriers might brake their text into several seperate texts...Doesnt bother me, though......

Never had a complaint about downloading texts, but I've had the same problem with group messages. I'll turn off group messages in the settings.

I just turned off "group messaging" setting/messages/group messaging". That prevents the group responce. Of course if you WANT to reply to the group you'll have to go turn it on again.

Hope that helps.

Crusher

saradam769 said:
Buy a new one iPhone 4 will be good

Opening post he says that's what he has bought from Verizon.

Mine is fine with no complaints - other than typo's curtesy of auto correct :).

crowd pleaser said:
Opening post he says that's what he has bought from Verizon.

Mine is fine with no complaints - other than typo's curtesy of auto correct :).

Auto correct sucks 95% of the time...lol

iCrank said:
Auto correct sucks 95% of the time...lol

Really mine is GREAT 95% of the time. I don't know what I would do without it. No one would be able to understand my messages! Lol. If it is not correcting your words properly try putting some of those words in your dictionary. That helped for my other 5% that it wasn't correcting properly.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net