What's new

Freezing

JD White

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an iPhone 5 which is provided by work, so not too many options for me, but since installing ios 8.2 the thing is terrible with freezing up. Gets to the point where the home button and on/off button dont work for a few minutes. thing is very slow, even typing it gets a word behind, and I dont type fast!
I think the OS is too much for the iPhone 5. I am unable to retreat back to the old OS from what I read, but what will happen if I do a full factory reset? Will it retain 8.2 or return to 7. whatever? Anyone got any ideas?

A factory reset and restore will result in the latest iOS version being installed on the phone. The current version is iOS 8.3. This contains numerous bug fixes and should run fine on your iPhone 5. My iPhone 5 runs very well on iOS 8.3.

I have been hesitant to update again thinking it may get worse...... Anyone else done this on a 5?

Newer versions of iOS usually address problems some users have when using previous iOS versions. It's also possible that the iOS 8.2 version currently on your iPhone was corrupted somehow during the update and installation process. Did you update to iOS 8.2 OTA? If so, do the update to iOS 8.3 through iTunes on your computer, fully downloading it to your computer before doing the update.