What's new

Formula One 2011 Thread

yep putting him into second over all, bsically every one crashed and was out lol damn rain

Last edited:
Guess what Gaz? from next year the BBC will only be broadcasting half the races while sky tv will broadcast all of them ... whats up with that? now i have to use the box for all of them next year !... i upgraded my 20 to a 30mbit connection and virgin media are charging me less to have it and a free super hub so its a plus plus.. i get 10 extra mbits and 1mbit extra upload from 2 to 3mbit and its cheaper then i pay for the 20/2!

and of course with that comes a new mac address lol very handy for the box

Yeah. I read about that. It got announced at the last grand prix. Im not getting sky sports just for the F1. BBC has greas coverage and I really like the presenters and commentators. At least they will have highlights of each race :( Lol.

Will just need to download the sky races from the box...

As an Aussie I support my compatriot Mark Webber.

I like redbull so much i went out and bought a £45 redbull t-shirt £50 included with p+p but i hope ferrari wins even though i doubt they will i am just happy redbull are first and will likely win both titles (constructors and drivers).

I will also use thebox Gaz! Because as from tomorrow i am getting a super-hub from virgin media and a new mac address finally.. 10 more mbits down and 1 more mbit up so 30/3 will be nice and virgin media are charging me less money for it!

No way will i pay for sky sports just for the F1 because i hate real sports! lol and the F1 is not a real sport imo but its the only one worth watching and the bbc made that deal with sky so they think lots more people will suddenly decide to pay for sky sports and they will get thousands more subscriptions... saying that if i had the cash to spare i would probably get all the sky sports channels including HD and sky movies and movies HD lol but just to have two phone lines and 30mbit internet it costs £60 a month...

but back on topic.. GO ALONSO !!!! massa is way behind in points but thats not his fault its because ferrari always make things harder for him and give everything to alonso..

and Losertrov got a few points in my book because he held up Button for a long time in the last race :D

also what do you guys think about the team orders from red bull and was mark right to ignore it?

I'm glad it's reb bull that's first and not Ferrari, of course I would still prefer mclaren to be out in front. As least we can both be happy with red bull. Lol.

The box will be a saviour next year. Good job you've got a new address since your last one (cough)... Lol. You won't have any trouble uploading back with those speeds. I wosh virgin would hurry up and get fiber optics put in here be looking at 50mb speeds of they do. If you need another invite I've still got plenty. Lol.

You know how I feel about team orders. Lol. Massa must feel like the black sheep of Ferrari. If I was mark I would of done the same thing...

I'm glad it's red bull that's first and not Ferrari, of course I would still prefer mclaren to be out in front. As least we can both be happy with red bull. Lol.

yes at least we can both be happy with who is winning although we really hope other teams come first... the top 3 teams though mclaren had a much better start then ferrari but it seems now mclaren are pretty useless in the heat :D just like the other teams are useless in the rain as we saw in canada!

If ferrari had a good start they would be second now and giving massa a better car because they dont finish strong like redbull and mclaren do for the constructors points its Alonso's team and massa ends up at the back of the pack like mclaren is Hamilton's team and red bull is Vettell's team but driver 2 on them teams do much better then Massa though he had that bad accident so i dont blame him for not pushing as much as he nearly died :/

The box will be a saviour next year. Good job you've got a new address since your last one (cough)... Lol. You won't have any trouble uploading back with those speeds. I wosh virgin would hurry up and get fiber optics put in here be looking at 50mb speeds of they do. If you need another invite I've still got plenty. Lol.

thanks for that :) I have two other sites but the first one has slow speeds due to it being dedicated F1 and at the box its all uk tv so i think we see such fast speeds because hardly any one uses it for f1 rather then racingforme..

I get the new super hub and mac address tomorrow but last time i saw they had open registrations but i doubt its still like that so i might have to take you up on your offer. i would like 50mbit also and its available to me and some even have the 100mbit connection already they are so lucky! that has no caps and a 10mbit upload. But since i use wireless connection and not the ethernet port its ok... i am told though the new imac will be capable of up to 400mbit over a wifi connection, i dont know about my macbook pro though.. i think i will see full 30mbit but maybe not 50. they are sending me the new modem in the post and i have to ring and activate the new mac code.

You know how I feel about team orders. Lol. Massa must feel like the black sheep of Ferrari. If I was mark I would of done the same thing...

I dont blame mark or his boss. Fighting for position i think they would of both ended up in the wall and Hamilton would of come second and massa 3rd, he was so low on fule that race and he still finished 4th! he did very well to be able to drive so slowly to save fule and then finish 4th ahead of massa and poor button had a wheel come off.

Petrovs team mate only has a contract for one year so maybe kubica will come back?

oh yeah did you know of the app called ESPN F1? its pretty good and atm the official F1 app wont work on ios 5 beta :/

or so i thought Gaz... i got 30mbit with a 3mbit upload and i receive full speeds on a wifi connection so its pretty sweet but having a new mac make no difference they some how knew it was me so i give up trying to get back in there, they are very strickt ops and i dont want to try push them again it just made things worse.. I am looking into getting sky sports and maybe sky movies+HD with sky its like 20 pounds a month or something.

Yeah. All the teams see to be better at some tracks and not others. I suppose it's good because even though vettel is running away with it just now he's not been doing as well in the past few races. Hopefully it will continued that way and we can have a good end to the season. Although I think vettel is too far infront to be caught :(

Team orders like that should never be used IMO. What's the point of racing if your not allowed to race everyone? Fair enough teams are teams but drivers are out there to win and I want to see them do their best to be first. Not win because the guy in second has been told to back of. Short fuelling the cars annoys me as well. Look what happened to Hamilton last time out. He could of won that race if he had enough fuel or at least came second. I don't see any great advantage to it for the risk.

That sucks how you can't get back on the box. They seem very strict. I've never had any dealings with the mods so wouldn't know what they are like. How do they still know its you? Lol. I suppose I could always Skype you the races. Would take a while by the time I get it then send it over to you. I'm not shelling out for sky. I not long got rid of them as no one watched that much TV in our house. The only time I did watch it was for the F1! Lol. Gt a freesatHD+ box now that works just as good as sky but no subscription...

Yeah. All the teams see to be better at some tracks and not others. I suppose it's good because even though vettel is running away with it just now he's not been doing as well in the past few races. Hopefully it will continued that way and we can have a good end to the season. Although I think vettel is too far infront to be caught :(

Well Ferrari where condemned when they did it but it was technically not allowed when they did and this year it was allowed when redbull did it and in an interview webber told the press that they assured him they would of said the same thing if webber was infront and if it was vettel behind him, I can see it from a team view point and also the driver because webber needs points while vettel is far ahead so i would be angry if i was webber but imagine if both cars ended up in the side of the wall and no points for redbull at all because they fought over a position? mclaren fight all the time and they basically take each other out.. they are a team they should help each other not screw one another over for one position.. and how many points are in that one position? 1? 2? not that many unless its 1/2 then its 25 and 18 points but from 2-3 where the red bulls where its a matter of 18 and 15 points so not that many... :)

Team orders like that should never be used IMO. What's the point of racing if your not allowed to race everyone? Fair enough teams are teams but drivers are out there to win and I want to see them do their best to be first. Not win because the guy in second has been told to back of. Short fuelling the cars annoys me as well. Look what happened to Hamilton last time out. He could of won that race if he had enough fuel or at least came second. I don't see any great advantage to it for the risk.

From a drivers point of view i agree with that 100% but for the team they dont care which driver comes first or second they just want the both drivers to come 1/2.

That sucks how you can't get back on the box. They seem very strict. I've never had any dealings with the mods so wouldn't know what they are like. How do they still know its you? Lol. I suppose I could always Skype you the races. Would take a while by the time I get it then send it over to you. I'm not shelling out for sky. I not long got rid of them as no one watched that much TV in our house. The only time I did watch it was for the F1! Lol. Gt a freesatHD+ box now that works just as good as sky but no subscription...

Yes it really does suck because i love the site but Its my fault really there is nothing i can do.... Thanks for the offer I do have another site but the thing is since its dedicated to F1 it downloads very fast like on thebox but because every one goes for the file at the same time it can slow down and speed up and slow down again and take ages to dl do you have to wait a few hours after its uploaded, unlike thebox you can just grab it the second its up and dl at full speed the whole way.. They are very strict yes. I dont know how they know but they some how did. really freesatHD? and you get sky sports with that?

Ferrari did it when they knew it was banned. They didn't even try to make it look like something else. They were so blatant about it. It was Ferrari that got team orders banned in the first place when they told baracello to move over for schumacher. I still think F1 is all about the drivers. It should be left up to them if they want to play the team game or not but I can see both sides of the argument.

So there's no way round getting on the box? Lol. Freesat is great the only thing you don't get is the sky channels. The only thing I will miss is the F1 next year. You can pause the tv and record one channel while watching another or record two and watch one you've already recorded. Just like sky+. You can get bbci and itv player on it. I believe some even have YouTube and web browsers...