What's new

Formula One 2011 Thread

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,

and WOW that was an amazing second race. lots of over taking and changes in positions..

Ferrari where very un lucky firstly Massa he spent ages in the pitts.. ferraris fault.. then Alonso had the bad luck when Hamilton slammed on his breaks and took out Alonso's Front wing, but LoserTon (hanilton) lost a lot of places so screw u loserton ;p Alonso should of finished 3rd, but they did very well this race... and that was nice over taking at the start when they over took Button i think it was Massa? but any way Ferrari said they predicted 6/7 finishes and they did so much better this race they where just un lucky.. you could see the track covered in tires

Of course Vettel i think he is the next michael and no one will touch him now, i like how Mclaren so "oh they are only a drinks company" yet they cant beat the red Bulls!!! but they are close..

And what about Renault? they are doing very well.. hats off to them and HAHA about LoserTrov (petrov) crashing :D

and michael is doing so bad now.. but over all it looks like its gonna be a good season...

1. Red Bull
2 Ferrari
3. Renault
4 Mclosers ;p

what are your thoughts??

on and special thanks to Gaz because the quality was better then on my tv lol 5.3GB lol

-----====Update=====-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13029061.stm

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso have been hit with 20-second penalties following a collision in Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.

The verdict means that Hamilton drops from seventh to eighth place, although Alonso retains sixth.

Hamilton's penalty was for making more than one change of direction while defending in the build-up to the clash. Alonso's was for causing a collision.

Alonso clipped the McLaren when trying to pass Hamilton after Turn Three.

The Spaniard had quickly caught up with the Englishman, who was suffering from tyre problems.

On lap 45, with 11 remaining, Alonso challenged Hamilton on the long straight to Turn One. While defending, Hamilton made more than the permitted one change of direction, resulting in his penalty.

On the following lap, Alonso got a better exit from the tight Turn Two, and closed on Hamilton through the flat-out Turn Three before making his move.

Continue reading the main story
It was close and the rear wing didn't work for me in the last part of the race, so I couldn't overtake him on the main straight
Fernando Alonso
Ferrari driver
But the Ferrari's left-front wing snagged the right-rear tyre of the McLaren, forcing Alonso into making an additional pit-stop for a new wing.

Alonso had been much quicker than Hamilton at that part of the race, but found it difficult to overtake as the DRS (downforce reduction system) on his rear wing, which decreases drag and makes it easier to pass, was not working properly.

That meant that it was very hard to overtake Hamilton on the run to Turn One, which was the nominated area for use of the DRS on the Sepang circuit.

"It was close and the rear wing (DRS) didn't work for me in the last part of the race," said Alonso, "so I couldn't overtake him on the main straight, which is the best possibility.

"So we had to fight in some corners, and unfortunately we touched each other. I broke the front wing and had to pit again. So it cost me maybe the podium today."

ANDREW BENSON'S BLOG
Continue reading the main story
Strong as the Red Bull is, it appears as if it is beatable, as long as a rival gets everything right - but they need to start doing that soon
Read more here
Both men said they accepted the penalties. "From my side I'm not allowed to move more than once," said Hamilton.

"Do I class it as dangerous? No, but that's the rule. Twenty seconds is not such a bad penalty for it."

Alonso said of his penalty: "It doesn't change positions, so there is no a big drama. I finished sixth in the race anyway (even after the penalty)."

But McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh described the decisions as "disappointing and surprising.

"They make those sorts of decisions and that's how it is, but a penalty to both drivers is fairly harsh."

Last edited:
IMG_0199.png

^^ constructors

IMG_0198.png

Drivers ^^

Download the formula one 2011 from app store free :)

Ferrari are lagging behind in the drivers yet Vettel is 24 points ahead of button in second place.. Mclaren are doing very well in the racers and constructors

i haven't followed f1 in a couple years. toyota is no longer involved?

you where with toyota? the low teams that never win a race and get lapped? lol i did not think they had fans ;p

Did Honda not buy the Toyota slot then became brawn for a year before becomming Mercedes? Or was it force India that baught Toyota?

Did you see the china race. Best one for a while...

yeah i think honda bought them..

that is nice though about the texas track so we will have like an extra track next year also and hopefully the one that was cancelled this time will go ahead as normal

daaaang i didn't support toyota, but that was pretty harsh.

what was? about me saying i did not think they had fans? even the losing teams have fans but not that ferrari is doing very well either atm lol

im just kidding. how did ferrari do after m schumacher retired?

im just kidding. how did ferrari do after m schumacher retired?

i dont know i only recently got into f1 at the end of last season lol when i went to silverstone... but i can tell you he is doing crap now he is with mercedes but hes an old man in f1 years any way and he should of quit when he did and stayed out because now he will be remembered as the crap driver who cant even over take kobayashi

I don't think F1 will see more than 20 races in a season. I remember bernie ecclestone saying that 20 is the most he wants. Then he was asked which track would be dropped because of the new texas deal, he said something like there's a few tracks that need to pull their socks up. Lol.

Old shuey should of stayed away. Even a 7 times world champion can't expect to miss a few years of F1 and come straight back to winning. I hate to say it but if he sticks at it and he gets a better car under him we could see him winning races in the next couple years.

Still over 2 weeks until next race... :(

I don't think F1 will see more than 20 races in a season. I remember bernie ecclestone saying that 20 is the most he wants. Then he was asked which track would be dropped because of the new texas deal, he said something like there's a few tracks that need to pull their socks up. Lol.

Old shuey should of stayed away. Even a 7 times world champion can't expect to miss a few years of F1 and come straight back to winning. I hate to say it but if he sticks at it and he gets a better car under him we could see him winning races in the next couple years.

Still over 2 weeks until next race... :(

well we where supposed to have 20 this year but the first one was cancelled .. i wonder if they will have that race this year maybe later?

he should fo stayed out and in f1 years hes very old to be racing, he will never be what he used to be and i doubt ferrari or mclaren or even red bull will offer him a place..

yep still a while to go for turkish race.. cant wait though.

They said in China that Bahrain have until 1st of may to sort out a date with the FIA or it will be cancelled all together.

I doubt any of the top teams will give him a place, not even ferarri...

They said in China that Bahrain have until 1st of may to sort out a date with the FIA or it will be cancelled all together.

I doubt any of the top teams will give him a place, not even ferarri...

wow until then only? and think of all that cash they spent to do create the track? all this because they cant decide what language to use? i bet texas will take its place...

I work at currently and used to attend the same college that Hamilton went to in Cambridge, also one of the students here has an uncle who used to race in f1 and can get free paddock tickets. brazilian girl. i am trying to get her to give me free tickets as i am her house master lol like bribe her and let her stay out as late as she wants lol

they are like 16-17 yr old girls and are only allowed out until 10.30pm and 11.30pm on weekends but i could say to her give me free tickets and you can do what you want lmao jk..

nope they wont.. especially ferrari hes old now and he does not have many years left in him, to be honest i think hes just in it for the fun.. do you see what happened when he crashed? he just laughs and couldent care.. this year he has pressure to do well in mercedes but he should just quit and let younger ppl have their dream, hes got so much money and had such a good career i dont blame him for not wanting it to end, but he does not and will never have the car to go any where.

I don't think it will be cancelled all together just for this year.

See if you can get me a couple free passes too! :D

I think your right he is just in it for the fun, but all he's doing is damaging his reputation as the greatest driver in the sport ever, but if he doesn't care why should he. If I could race F1 just for the fun of it to right I would! Lol...