What's new

Formula One 2011 Thread

Ferrari did it when they knew it was banned. They didn't even try to make it look like something else. They were so blatant about it. It was Ferrari that got team orders banned in the first place when they told baracello to move over for schumacher. I still think F1 is all about the drivers. It should be left up to them if they want to play the team game or not but I can see both sides of the argument.

I wouldent have thought any one would need to be told to move over for him he was such a good driver for ferrari.. But all teams play rough it seems and this year redbull accused ferrari of cheating while mclaren actually stole ferrari documents and where fined 100 million for it... they play dirty to win like give fake orders over the radio thing or pretend to go into the pitts so the other car will go in there.

Let them race and let them crash ... I like what the guy said on top gear when they went around the track he said the fans hope to see people crash lol that bernie guy when he was with clarkson.

So there's no way round getting on the box? Lol. Freesat is great the only thing you don't get is the sky channels. The only thing I will miss is the F1 next year. You can pause the tv and record one channel while watching another or record two and watch one you've already recorded. Just like sky+. You can get bbci and itv player on it. I believe some even have YouTube and web browsers...

No way that i know of to get back in theBox but I am not going to try again, the mods dont want to hear it so thats the only option I would of taken (because with my old mac the website would not load and i could not connect to their irc channel) and with the new mac it loaded but would not let me re sign up but it let me join the irc channel to talk to them. But that will never happen in a million years so I just have to forget about the site un-fortunately.

ah yes the good old bbci player but next year that wont help when most the races will be on sky sports, F1 is not even a real sport why put it on a sport channel lol

I think i have a freeview box but i dont I dont know about the browsers and youtube..

My brothers new TV he bought lets you pause and record onto usb and pause it while the tv is playing and record it and forward and rewind like its a .avi lol its really good i just stuck a 32GB flash drive and have been recording all the f1 races up to now and there is another one this weekend :D so we still have a lot of time until next summers race and I should easily be able to afford sky and all its channels because i bought a house and am renting it out for 30k a year and the students move in on the 1st September so from then i will start making 2k a month for doing nothing.

I used to have sky but i got bored of it quickly all its channels like nickelodeon lol i was 16 and used to love that channel. Plus most movies and tv eps i just use itunes for now so i dont watch tv much at all so sky i never thought there was any point to have it again.

I am sure you have watched it Gaz but if not then dont read on ;p

=========================================

Wow an amazing race by Button and especially michael ! from 24th to 5th! simply amazing and he had an extra set of softs! and i wanna know why Massa when he tire blew on the harder tires why ferrari did not change him to softs?!?! he would of done so well and its a shame because ferrari had such a good start and a bad finish but also good for red bull who had a 1/2 finish and basically have over 400 points in the constructors and no one can beat them now.... not that its a surprise ;p

and I am glad Hamilton is ok after his crash when he passed out and so unlucky to have moved left into perez and crashed.

Cant wait until Italy race

I received f1 2011 for the ps3 on friday.. not bad game at all, was a little disappointed with the split screen mode though and on the ps3 you are expected to pay to play online..

btw Gaz if you watch P3, I am ForceUnleashed!!! :D

I seen that in the shops yesterday. Game were giving you it for £5 if you traded in a selected game. If I had one they were looking for I would of got it. Might get it next week.

Missed the practice. Did you get a tweet read out? Lol. You seen the qualifying yet...?

I seen that in the shops yesterday. Game were giving you it for £5 if you traded in a selected game. If I had one they were looking for I would of got it. Might get it next week.

Missed the practice. Did you get a tweet read out? Lol. You seen the qualifying yet...?

Yes I got it for 35 from amazon in the end because they gave me some money back for some reason, I forget why but the game in split screen mode you can only play with 2 players and no more and then it only lets you play the race day and not give you the option to change tires or anything :S Though I was winning all the time with vettel and Alonso :D and my cousin was choosing button, hamilton then mercedes and once force india lol but he beat me with hamilton once and I never got to try out the DRS, though the mclaren was so much faster in straight lines speed on the game and I only won because of huge mistakes they kept making or penalties..

I did watch the qualifying yes.. race today at 1pm :D!! GO VETTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what will happen if redbull wraps up the title (both of them) while there are stil races left on the season, do you think the remaining races will get cancelled or they will be raced for the fun of it?:D

I ordered this HDMI cable off amazon and the cable cost 45p and the P+P was 99p lol

I hate it when the championship is decided still a number of races away from the final race. It would be ideal to get the result leading to the final corners of the last race though we cannot avoid such an event like this when Vettel already pulled off with the win, or almost because he is still lacking a point to close things out completely.

Alonso is still my bet, though what we can talk about only is the second place only.

I hate it when the championship is decided still a number of races away from the final race. It would be ideal to get the result leading to the final corners of the last race though we cannot avoid such an event like this when Vettel already pulled off with the win, or almost because he is still lacking a point to close things out completely.

Alonso is still my bet, though what we can talk about only is the second place only.

well apparently Button can still beat vettel, by one point? it would also mean vettel would have to crash and burn for the remaining races and button come first, he admitted himself that wont happen but Button has had an amazing season and hats off to him and hes the only one with a chance no matter how big or small that chance is, it's still there.

Alonso I hope makes it second but we will see the fight between the four drivers for second and third place so even though we know vettel is first I will still watch every single practise qualifying and race.. even if we knew where every single 24 drivers will finish I would still watch it all

Singapore was an interesting race.

It sure was, Hamilton deserved like a 6 race ban for what he keeps doing to Massa! not just for that one incident but through the whole of the season

Actually I was quite surprised at the lack of action against him also...

With all the camera angles and also Marshals around it's not like it's disputable what he has done.

Not that any one has a chance to get first place now but Hamilton did well to get back to 5th place from where he ended up after the penalty while Massa just kept losing and gaining a few places, hes had such a bad year and I really think the crash made him so cautious and not take risks like he would before

^

That last sentence is a good explanation for the driving he had,fearing to go hard is the opposite of what a good racer needs to do.

and hes losing points, but it also seems like ferrari put all their effort into Alonso and Massa is forgotten about and also in races Massa has to wait for Alonso to pitt first so he ends up on worn out tires because Alonso wants to wait longer to pitt as well, he has so much bad luck..

Also the Renault team are doing very badly, both of them.. they looked like they where going to be strong this year after the two drivers got a 3rd place at the start of the season until they got rid of Heidfeld..

and force India.. well done to di Resta for a 6th place.. best finish who he also got to race against some of the top teams including Ferraris Alonso..

I wonder if RedBull wrap up both drivers AND constructors before the Brasil race will they finish the remaining races or not bother