What's new

Forgot iPhone 5 restriction passcode and cannot restore with itunes

kcbuds2

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am hoping someone can help me here,

Ok so I purchased a iphone 5 from one of my local selling papers, when I purchased it the guy said he had forgot to take off the passcode to access the phone but he told me what it was, the passcode to get onto the phone worked fine but when I went to do a reset on the phone to wipe all the previous owners data off it asked me for a passcode so I put the same passcode in once and it came up "3 wrong attempts" or something along those lines, I am pretty new to the iPhone world as I have always used Andriod.

Since changing my phone I have lost the text messages me and the previous owner had sent so now I don't have his number to ring and ask for other passcode!

I have read that connecting to itunes and restoring the phone does the job but obviously I have not had that phone connected to my itunes so could not restore it, I did however update it which didn't do the trick..

My question is, how can I get around this so I can reset the phone back to factory settings? is it possible for me to download someone elses backed up data and sync it with mine? or could I connect it to my mates itunes as he has a iphone 5 and restore it that way?

As I say I'm new to Apple products but I am pretty good with tech on a whole. ANY advice really appreciated.

Thanks

Put the device into DFU mode and restore. This will bypass the passcode lock (until iOS 7 is released) and will allow you to restore using iTunes.

Put the device into DFU mode and restore. This will bypass the passcode lock (until iOS 7 is released) and will allow you to restore using iTunes.

Thanks I will have a search on how to do this, is this still going to work since I do not have a backup file to restore from?