What's new

fixed 1015 error but now no service?

nnnatalie

Reaction score
hey there,

i just fixed my recently purchased, used iphone 3g (with a 1015 error code) using a super helpful online tutorial. i'm with att and called my provider to give them my new IMEI number. unfortunately, i'm not getting any service. the phone does not recognize my new carrier, etc. i've put my sim card into another att phone and it works just fine.

any ideas? i'm totally stuck.

Have you already jailbreak the phone? If not u should consider doing so in order to get ultrasnow from cydia.

The phone was already jailbroken when I bought it but I'm guessing that the restore to correct the error 1015, restored the jailbreak?

If I'm with ATT, would the phone have to be jailbroken again? It looks like the previous owner was with ATT (the sim card in the phone was an ATT card).

Thanks for your help.

The phone was already jailbroken when I bought it but I'm guessing that the restore to correct the error 1015, restored the jailbreak?

If I'm with ATT, would the phone have to be jailbroken again? It looks like the previous owner was with ATT (the sim card in the phone was an ATT card).

Thanks for your help.

Yes the restore you made via itunes erase the jailbreak, and now your device is not jailbreak anymore. Tell me, can you see an icon between your apps in your device labeled "cydia" i believe that you will not have cydia there untill you jailbreak your phone. After jailbreaking and unlocking it, your att sim card will work well.

I can see a Cydia icon among my apps. Hmm.

(p.s. thank you for being so helpful!)

I opened it but can't find ultrasnow. I used the 'search' feature on it and nothing.

Add this source to your cydia in case you don't have it: repo666.ultrasn0w.com