What's new

First time iPhone owner/user! Help!

3xzsucof

Reaction score
I regularly check 2 websites daily that require a user name. And I have to consistently resign into them. Even if I check off the "remember me" box. How can I avoid having to sign in every time?

Are you having this issue on your phone? And is it with IPF? What browser are you using? Tnx!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm having the issue on my iPhone. Not sure what ipf is. I'm using safari.

Sorry...IPF= iPhone Forum. If you are having trouble on our forum, try using the forum app rather than the website. Have you looked at your Safari settings? Do you have cookies blocked?

Also..do you have any restrictions set up?

Last edited:
If you clear cookies and data in your Safari Settings, it will cause that to happen.

I regularly check 2 websites daily that require a user name. And I have to consistently resign into them. Even if I check off the "remember me" box. How can I avoid having to sign in every time?

Try signing in with FB, G+ or whatever you use.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Make sure Safari is not in Private mode. The screen border tells you which mode you are in. Black is Private; White is normal.

$Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.09.26 PM.png

$Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.09.58 PM.png

Last edited:
I downloaded chrome app and now it remembers my login names. Safari still won't remember them.

I have had that problem with username/password for the whole time I've been on an iPhone (2 1/2 years now - 4s and now 5s) until just recently with one of the updates. Now, when I enter a username/password on a site, I click "remember me" and a little window pops up asking me if I want my password to be saved... I click "yes" and all is now well. I was never aware that it was possible to have that info saved as it never was, on either phone, until this recent update.

I have had that problem with username/password for the whole time I've been on an iPhone (2 1/2 years now - 4s and now 5s) until just recently with one of the updates. Now, when I enter a username/password on a site, I click "remember me" and a little window pops up asking me if I want my password to be saved... I click "yes" and all is now well. I was never aware that it was possible to have that info saved as it never was, on either phone, until this recent update.
this saving of passwords is called iCloud Keychain and was introduced with iOS 7 on September 18, 2013.