What's new

Firmware

iphone2015

Reaction score
Im buying this on trade clean ESN for ATT i understand this is unlocked already can someone tell me by the firmware? Also should i jailbreak this or leave it alone? What can i do to make it more smoother and faster. Experts please im new at this type of phone. Here is my phone i dont have yet. And should i do a clean install or just leave it?

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqFHJEgE8oY,p!UjBP(8s4ku2w~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqFHJEgE8oY,p!UjBP(8s4ku2w~~60_57.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 765
Last edited:
What do you see for network on the top above "Available". You cannot tell whether a device is unlocked or not until you put in an originally unsupported SIM and testing it out, or if the network currently on the device does not match that of the carrier that's listed, and there's proof that the device is fully working.

Yes i was told it was fully working and by the firmware should be unlocked. Also they said wifi was fine too. I hjave a tmobile sim ill try it out when i get the phone this week. If all is ok should i do anything with it? Update,jailbreak etc?

It's an iPhone 3G, so the 4.2.1 that's already on it is up to date for the device. Jailbreaking is up to you. The only problem that I would say you'd face is that you're slightly constraint in RAM, processing speed and more importantly iOS. Most tweaks require iOS 5 and above to run, though there are still quite a few iOS 4 supporting or universally supporting tweaks that you can use.

Ok sounds good well ive been reading up on unchecking all the spotlight searches etc. Whatelse can i do without jailbreaking? Can you send me a link so i can look at a list of things i can do?