What's new

Finnaly upgraded to an Iphone!!!!

Ogzilla

Reaction score
First off I'm new to the board and so far the board looks awesoms, theres a ton of information here.

Anyway, I finally upgraded from my old blackberry storm (worst phone ever) and got an IPhone 4s on AT&T. Needless to say o have a ton of questions. First off, I had unlimited data with my storm but moving to AT&T means I'll loose that. How much data should I need? I'll mostly be using this for internet, email, and some apps. What are some cool apps to download? I'm into pretty much everything so any suggestions are welcome. Lastly do you need to put a screen protector on to prevent scratches? What about a case for the phone itself? Personally I think the cases make them look too bulky but I don't want my phone to take a beating and have scratches all over. Thanks in advance for the replys!

Welcome to the forum. Get a protective film for your screen, and also get a case for your phone. You will find on the forum many topics about iPhone cases etc... just make a search using the search engine of the forum. As for your data plan, I can't really advice on it except suggesting that you should get almost the same data plan you were having before. The iPhone will not by its own eat up your data unless you are having using data apps running in the background; apps like radio, or mail app push etc...
Enjoy the forum.

bab2010 said:
As for your data plan, I can't really advice on it except suggesting that you should get almost the same data plan you were having before.
Enjoy the forum.

the problem with that is that currently have unlimited data on verizon but AT&T won't allow me to carry it over (and no I'm not crazy for switching from and unlimited plan lol. The company I work for gets gives a discount for at&t). Also the phone I was using was terrible at downloading anything so I really don't know how much data I would need.

Well The phone was activated yesterday and it is absolutely amazing!!! I haven't been able to put it down.

Hey dude welcome. Try out the 200mb and upgrade later if u need it. Working on a 200mb plan, but never needed to upgrade to a higher tier. Also, perfect timing for ur 4!

if you had stayed with Verizon they would have let you keep your unlimited data when upgrading phones.

this is what i did.... i just upgraded from my verizon iphone 4 to a verizon iphone 4S and still have unlimited data.

Garrett said:
if you had stayed with Verizon they would have let you keep your unlimited data when upgrading phones.

this is what i did.... i just upgraded from my verizon iphone 4 to a verizon iphone 4S and still have unlimited data.

Yeah I agree. Well that's too bad though for him because he really cant go back to Verizon now:(

Welcome to here! Though I came a month ago. Lol

Anyway, I think you found the right place to put forward your questions and your experience on iPhone!

It is really amazing since I upgrade my cellphone from Nokia 5200, i don't know when I bought it, 10 years ago?

Anyway, I don't need to worry about your Megabytes left.

IPhone won't cost so much, even though it does eat some automatically.

You can control it, in settings.

Or, you can just turn off the cellular download, so that you won't worry about it any more.