What's new

Fingerprint 'thang' - What have I done wrong ????[solved]

K31th

Reaction score
I've had my 5s for a week or so and the other day decided to have a go at setting up a fingerprint or two.
Didn't go too well , I kept pressing the Home Button too hard whilst trying to get my fingerprint read.
This went on for a while until the 'Failed' screen came up ( see attached photo ).
At that point I gave up.

Tried to have another go today , but now all I get is the same 'Failed' screen and I don't know what to do to get rid of this / get past this , to actually setup a fingerprint lock.

HELP !!!!!!!

$image.jpg

I'd also better say that it won't let me 'go back and try again'.
I do that and it goes so far then up pops the same 'Failed' screen again.

Hi there,

I have had issues as well getting it to recognise my finger print, what I did was to keep tapping on the home home button and the print would slowly fill with red to say it was complete, it was a pain to do but it slowly fills up with red and starts working after that, you have have to be really careful doing so.. took me forever to do especially with both of my thumbs so I can hold the phone in either hand and easily unlock it

Just been to my local Apple store and spoke to a young lad called Usman who solved my problem.
All that needed doing was a warm boot of my 5s , job done !!! :0)

The best and quickest way to use touch ID is to lightly touch your finger on the home button for a millisecond and then press down on the button and immediately let go. It unlocks immediately. No extra second of waiting. Touch ID knows your finger is on the button, even if you don't depress or push down on the button.