What's new

Findnig apps in cydia is hard?

codysanborn

Reaction score
just did a tethered jb on ios 5..

finding all the apps i wanted i could not find..
so i youtubed and had to add sources after sources......

is that from ios5?

Nope. That is due to the fact that any Tom, Dick or Harry can setup a shop (source) and do whatever they want.

IE - They allow anything and anyone without regard to sanity, common sense or user friendliness.

This is why I avoid Cydia like the plague. A source can disappear or change without warning. A source where you have spent money can disappear without recourse. No matter how anyone spins Cydia, it is a losing proposition from the day you install it. Just a matter of time to what kills it off first. Apple or the people that host the source.

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 once back when 4.2.8 for CMDA was out. It was jailbroken for a whole 2 hours. I promptly undid the mess it had created and will never jailbreak again.

Yeah I Don't think I will jailbreak again. It's very unorganized by far.

No previews on the themes. Can't search or find anything. Good idea but needs organization.

I was jail-broke for the last few months I admit I like a lot of the little tweaks like sbsettings, lockinfo 3G unrestricter, the tethering apps, but after I updated to ios 5 my phone is so much faster I don't know if I would do it again just for that reason

to be quite honest their isn't really a benefit to jailbreaking right now because almost nothing in the cydia market works with iOS5

a few tweaks do but none of the themes have been ported over yet....

IMHO there are a few that are worth the jailbreak.

Bitesms
Lockinfo
Sbs settings

Thats about it to me.