What's new

Help me please!

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum an iPhones. I have an iPhone 4 with ios5. I had everything working fine. I download a few apps from cydia. And they worked fine after they installed and did a respring. Now the icons are showing up white and when I click on them nothing happens. So I did the tether just boot on redsnow from my computer. This did not fix it, I'm still having the same issues so I did it again. And still having the people. Please help me. Thanks.

Does not sound like you are correctly booting the phone. Do you see the pineapple logo when the tethered boot completes? This indicates it was successful. If you still see the Apple logo, it didn't work.
Follow step 8 in our tutorial - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...-ios5-tethered-using-redsn0w-beginners-25943/

Also, do you have the semi-tether hack installed from Cydia? If so, this is known to result in white icons because the icon cache corrupts. Install the "Respring" package from BigBoss in Cydia which incudes code to rebuild the icon cache whenever you use it.

I got it taken care of. Thanks for the reply anyway.