What's new

Semi-Untethered 5.1 Jailbreak (A4 devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPhoneHackSource

Reaction score
The admins deleted my post from a few hours ago of a jailbreak that works with 5.1 for A4 devices. I even show another video of me using it after the download. I am not trying to fight anyone over these threads. I am currently using the jailbreak right now and it works. People can say its fake but if you want to try it, it works. The reason I say semi is 2 people who just did it said that when they turn there phone of and turn it back on 1 of there cydia apps didn't work(wouldn't open) so they plugged it back into there computer and did boot tethered again from the redsnow start up menu. Everything then worked fine for them. My phone turns on and off perfectly after use and cydia and all its apps work.

-iPhoneHackSource

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if it's true I'll wait for a stable untethered jailbreak. And if it is true why isn't the news spreading like wildfire like it usually does??

There's no untethered jailbreak for 5.1 on A4 devices. The link in your video description tells you how to do a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, not an untethered jailbreak.

There's no untethered jailbreak for 5.1 on A4 devices. The link in your video description tells you how to do a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, not an untethered jailbreak.

Yes Jmills87 your right, some people have problems with some of the cydia applications working, while others like me it works perfectly fine. To answer rdub I have no idea why its not spreading. I found it yesterday and decided to make a video of it.

The semi-tethered jailbreak is a well-known method. It has been around since iOS 4.3.x. 3rd party applications will not work in a semi-tethered state. It was only introduced so that if someone rebooted when they were away from their computer they could still access the basic functions of the device before rebooting tethered.

Last edited:
Yea the rain kinda sucks but its better than all the snow! I just can't wait for the lakes to get warm and I'm out there every day.

i really feel that thats enough now about this untethered/semi untethered 5.1 jail break,most members will want to wait for the official one-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.