What's new

find the phone-ha-ha

jim_joh

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded to the new OS with no problems and since then has been living hell trying to install the free find your phone feature. I assure you I am not a newbe but I have spent hours with no success. At this stage I am so confused with user names and passwords that I can't now remember my given name. me.com says the phone is verified and the phone only says it has to be verified so I am at a standoff with no end in site. I guess I will have to make sure I don't lose my phone as life is too short to keep trying. Had to tell somebody. thanks jim_joh

I had a good night sleep and now find is working on iphone & ipad. jim_joh

Agree it is not a user friendly install.

I had to set it up on my iPhone 4 then my wife's 3GS could be registered.

I tried it the other way around and got a message that the 3GS did not qualify for free MobileMe account.

Once a established an account via my iPhone 4 I could download the app on the 3GS and sign on with that account and both phones became visible to me.com and each phone.

Don't know if I could repeat the process again successfully

I installed it the first day, and it worked. Then I turned it off for the 2nd day. Turned it on the 3rd day and it did not work. My iphone 4 says cannot verify my account. After a few tries, I deleted the account, and installed it again, and it is working now. Just hope it stays working.

Well I guess I have to eat my own words. I said everything worked but I just went me.com and it said nothing was registered. I am not going to spend anymore time setting it up again because it must be very unreliable. jim_joh

Might make an appointment with the Genius Bar and have them do it for you.

me.com is still working for me.

I was under the impression that find me is only for Iphone 4 not for 3GS. Is that accurate?

You have to first activate it on an iPhone 4 or iPod touch 4. Then you can activate it on earlier models...

Apple only give you it for free if you have their newest idevice. You can still start with a 3GS but you have to pay for it...

It's me again. Find my phone & ipad is working again. I guess it was my fault because when me.com opened me me user name & password was showing as default and I should have used me apple user name & password. live & learn. jim_joh

this feature alone makes it worth upgrading. finally apple give us find my iphone free. so very handy to have when you miss place your phone or have it stolen