What's new

Find My Iphone

rws

Reaction score
My wife and I each have Iphone4's. No problems with accounts and ITunes, etc. I do have a question about the Find My IPhone app. It implies that you can have "Devices" setup. On my phone I have my account setup which in hindsight seems kind of dumb because I would have to have it in hand to use it. If I can have multiple devices set up how do I do that as I see no + sign or other way to add another account.
Thanks,
Russ

The Find my iPhone app works based on the Apple/iTunes ID. So if you have multiple devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad) all setup with the same ID than they will show up in the Find my iPhone app. So if you would want to locate your missing phone you would use one of the other devices associated with that ID. But if you only own one device such as your iPhone you could use another iPhone (your wife's) to locate your phone using the Find my iPhone app by entering your ID and password or you could use a PC and log into iCloud.com to locate it.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Black 16Gb iPhone 4S using iPF.net

Yeah... I want to enable Find my iPhone and be able to locate it with my PC, but you have to have iCloud to do that. I am still using a dinosaur computer with XP which is not supported under iCloud. But, I did find an online "tweak" that enabled me to use iCloud. I really don't use iCloud for anything other than FMiPhone.

Also, unless you enable location services (which includes FMI) under "Restrictions" and have a passcode, the experienced theif is going to know to turn FMI off!

Last edited:
my iphone 4 stolen and my icloud deleted by stolen person/ now whats the other way i can find my iphone location/ is it possible through iemei num.

my iphone 4 stolen and my icloud deleted by stolen person/ now whats the other way i can find my iphone location/ is it possible through iemei num.

The carrier will not help you with this, however in theory your phone could be located based on its connection to the cellular network.

Time to buy a new phone.