What's new

File Sharing

madranchtx

Reaction score
Hello All
I need to be able to transfer files that are attached to emails from my i4 to my pc via the usb cable.These aren't normal .pdf or .doc files and I don't need the phone to open or view them. I just need to get them to my pc. Going the other way so that I can email similiar files from the phone would be good too. I have drop box and that works fine if I have an internet connection for my pc but if I do then I don't need the phone! Surley there is an app that works similair to drop box that uses the usb cable. It doesn't matter to me if it uses iTunes or not. I not interested in jailbreaking (yet). Sorry I'm new to the smart phone thing, out of pure stubborness, hard for me to imagine such a simple thing isn't built in. Other people use them for other things than games and surfing the web right?

Download any usb disk app from itunes, after installation, connect your phone to your computer, in the application tab in itunes, scroll down to see the sharing apps, there you will see your installed usb disk app, highlight it and drag and drop files into it or from it.

How do you save the emailed attachment?

You will need to have installed into yoir device, application capable of reading those files in your attachement, for exemple, if you have in your attachment a word or excel document, you will need to have installed in your phone an application like doc to go, or quick office. That way when you tap hold the attachment in your mail box, a dialogue box will display asking to know in which application to open the attachement, select either doc to go or quick office. The document will be automaticaly save in those applications and you can use the document by opening the application having it anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is these are not regular word or excel type files. There are not apps that will read and open them and won't be in the foreseeable future.

The problem is these are not regular word or excel type files. There are not apps that will read and open them and won't be in the foreseeable future.

Get "document to go" or "quick office" both of them are able to read and more allow you to edite documents. Having anyone of them install in your device, you will be able to download documents attachments to your phone.

'Documents to go' will let you download non office type files?

'Documents to go' will let you download non office type files?

100% for sure. You open your email, tap hold the attachment and you will see the "action dialogue" drop list. Select open with "docToGo" Once document to go is installed on your device, it will be listed there