What's new

1 Download files; 2 access backed up files in iTunes

Tody

Reaction score
I want to know how to download any small file or zip file to my iphone 4 for transfer to my PC. What do I need to do? Also, how can I access my backed up files in itunes to load to another phone? Example.....lost phone and want to load backup to new phone. Thanks.

I want to know how to download any small file or zip file to my iphone 4 for transfer to my PC. What do I need to do? Also, how can I access my backed up files in itunes to load to another phone? Example.....lost phone and want to load backup to new phone. Thanks.

1A.) First I will ask to you to where are you downloading the zip file from? Internet or from email? Anyway if you are not jailbreak and you want to download it from email, you will have to install a 3rd party apps into your iPhone, apps with capabilities to download files and to unzip zip files here I attach some pictures for you here
1- here if your zip file in your email:
4c4a9ee7-4dab-afce.jpg

2- you tap on the zip file to start download the zip file:
4c4a9ee7-4dd2-6645.jpg

3- here the download is finish:
4c4a9ee7-4e3a-0606.jpg

4- tap on it to show options:
4c4a9ee7-4e5b-5a61.jpg

5-Like I said only apps available in your phone with the capabilities to download will be showed:
4c4a9ee7-4ee9-1848.jpg

6- when you tap open in extra capable apps will be showed:
4c4a9ee7-4f87-feb3.jpg

7- some apps are capable to download but are not capable to read the zip files like here with Download Pro:
4c4a9ee7-4fdc-a650.jpg

8- ifile from cydia work perfectly for me:
4c4a9ee7-5041-134c.jpg

1B.) If you want to download a zip file from safari, you will need to first jailbreak your iPhone and then buy safari download manager from Cydia. It works well and download everything you want, but in order to access what you download using safari download manager, you need to buy iFile from Cydia as well.

2A.) to restore your backup files in a new iPhone, just connect your new iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes, and wait till iTunes read up your iPhone, if you haven't set up the iPhone and it's brand new, then it will ask you to set it up as new or set it up as your old iPhone. It will then run the backup restore automatically and set up your phone just the way the old one was.
2B.) if you've already set up your phone as a new phone and now you want to have your old iPhone backup file to be in your new iPhone, then connect your new iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes and wait till your iPhone appear in the left panel in iTunes, right click on your new iPhone icon in the left panel of iTunes and select restore from a backup in the drop list displaying after making the right click.

Outside of the point real quick Bab. How are you putting those arrows there? Is that a app

Outside of the point real quick Bab. How are you putting those arrows there? Is that a app

Yes I'm using an app to draw on the screenshots. There are many apps for iPhone and for computer to draw on pictures but in my case I'm using either "adobe idea" on the iPhone or "snipping tool" on windows 7.

Last edited:

1A.) First I will ask to you to where are you downloading the zip file from? Internet or from email? Anyway if you are not jailbreak and you want to download it from email, you will have to install a 3rd party apps into your iPhone, apps with capabilities to download files and to unzip zip files here I attach some pictures for you here
1- here if your zip file in your email:

2- you tap on the zip file to start download the zip file:

3- here the download is finish:

4- tap on it to show options:

5-Like I said only apps available in your phone with the capabilities to download will be showed:

6- when you tap open in extra capable apps will be showed:

7- some apps are capable to download but are not capable to read the zip files like here with Download Pro:

8- ifile from cydia work perfectly for me:

1B.) If you want to download a zip file from safari, you will need to first jailbreak your iPhone and then buy safari download manager from Cydia. It works well and download everything you want, but in order to access what you download using safari download manager, you need to buy iFile from Cydia as well.

2A.) to restore your backup files in a new iPhone, just connect your new iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes, and wait till iTunes read up your iPhone, if you haven't set up the iPhone and it's brand new, then it will ask you to set it up as new or set it up as your old iPhone. It will then run the backup restore automatically and set up your phone just the way the old one was.
2B.) if you've already set up your phone as a new phone and now you want to have your old iPhone backup file to be in your new iPhone, then connect your new iPhone to your computer, open up iTunes and wait till your iPhone appear in the left panel in iTunes, right click on your new iPhone icon in the left panel of iTunes and select restore from a backup in the drop list displaying after making the right click.

1st: I download mostly zip embroidery files and different embroidery files (for customers) but I just want to be able to transfer them (unopened) to a PC.

2nd: with my previous Motorola smartphone I could access and open any of my backed up files on my PC without attaching my phone. There was a separate folder created in Windows explorer where all my downloaded files, photos, music was stored. I could add or subtract files or just open any file I needed. That is what I'd like to be able to do

Hi can. U help me? I whenever I'm using YouTube using this iPhone 4 it keeps on telling me ( this server is not configure )... I'm using wifi.. But my friend can use the YouTube