What's new

fast draining battery

Painkiller69

Reaction score
Hello,

i have a refurbished 5s but after a while was the battery fast drained.

replaced 2 battery's but no outcome.

I red on the net that the cause could be by a bad 10.3.3 firmware an that many people have this problem.

anyone solutions

tx

IOS 10.3.3 may draw a bit more power than previous IOS upgrades, but I've not noticed any major spike in battery drainage with using 10.3.3. One way to really tell is to go to the usage area on your phone and see what apps or what is drawing the battery down the most. Here is a pic of the list I speak of.
IMG_2218.JPG
Battery under settings/general, and also background app refresh.
IMG_2217.JPG
Your phone is most likely the issue. Make sure you have things that aren't needed turned off such as
Background app refresh
Email settings
Location services
Watching lots of videos
And many more. You need to go through the phone and make sure that anything you don't need to have turned on isn't. This will save a lot of battery. Also the phone being refurbished or the place where you bought the aftermarket batteries may be the issue. Just don't think that IOS 10.3.3 is the issue. Haven't seen anyone else complaining about a major spike in battery usage due to upgrading to IOS 10.3.3 anyhow. I could be wrong, but I just haven't noticed a large increase of battery usage. Hope you get it resolved. Good day.

As 933 says go through your handy and check what you have running.l have 10.3.3 on my iPhone 5S running with the original battery. I have all the things are not required turned off. Just my alarms and Bluetooth.

My handy sits in a add on battery made by Ifixit just in case it runs low while l out. Hardly ever need it.
IMG_2701.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG

Got this on EBay some years back.

ok thanks

But i already did a complete new install with no apps on it clean iphone same problem.

I did replaced a battery by someone who has a repair shop bought my previous iphone there never had problems with it.

but i can understand the battery cause, today went to apple store 150 € for a better replacement repairshop 45 €

Sorry bit confused, today you had a new battery fitted by Apple for €150 in an iPhone 5S ?

My 5S drains fast and heats up in a band, above that % charge nice and cool with a slow drain while using (same below that % band).

Charging is the same as far as heat. It heats up in that band and charges slower while cooling off above and below but charges faster.

Go figure, but it works great and I'm on it now

Sorry bit confused, today you had a new battery fitted by Apple for €150 in an iPhone 5S ?
nono i asked it at apple and the guy said if we replace the battery it will cost between 100 and 150 €

My 5S drains fast and heats up in a band, above that % charge nice and cool with a slow drain while using (same below that % band).

Charging is the same as far as heat. It heats up in that band and charges slower while cooling off above and below but charges faster.

Go figure, but it works great and I'm on it now
what do you mean " in a band " sorry i am from belgium

To invest €150 in an iPhone 5S is a lot of money, it's not something l would be willing to do.
I would simply do it myself self. But l understand that the Touch ID would be lost maybe. My handy also gets warm but it doesn't bother me.

To invest €150 in an iPhone 5S is a lot of money, it's not something l would be willing to do.
I would simply do it myself self. But l understand that the Touch ID would be lost maybe. My handy also gets warm but it doesn't bother me.
I have no intensions to replace a battery by Apple

Don't blame you, well not on such an old model.
iPhone 7 maybe unless you trust someone and it's out of warranty etc.

Reactions: 933
Just as info, I am using 10.3.3 on my iPhone 6+ with its original 3 year old battery. It drains a little faster than I like but that's because it needs a new battery. Not getting one because I will probably get a new iPhone shortly. But the battery drain is only a bit faster than when it was new and the battery is 3 yrs old. 10.3.3 may not be the issue, your new battery could be.

I understand that after a few years The battery starts draining faster. Mine is after 6 h dead. That is way to fast.

Must agree with you there. My iPhone 5S was on 100% 2 days ago.
I am not a big time user, some alarms, a few phone calls, notifications from Tapatalk and 2 other forums.
And some music over Bluetooth maybe a hour or two.

Just checked the % it has not been charged for 2 days and is at 55%.
On my handy it says Time since last full charge
48hrs, 16min