What's new

Family of iPhone Problems.. Tech help please?

SamanthaK

Reaction score
Hi,

My parents and I all have the iPhone 4 through Verizon, and my mother recently got an iPad 2 (which is limited to WiFi).
We are now visiting family across the US and are experiencing strange problems with them...

I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but it's almost as if the phones are confused about who they belong to..

For example, when I send a text message or iMessage to (only) my mother, it will be delivered to my mother, my father, AND the iPad, and return an error message to me saying the message was not delivered. Also, if my mother sends me a message, it shows in my message inbox that "Home" (which is the contact which our iTunes account email is stored) and "Samantha's Cell" (which is myself) sent me the message.

Also, when I plug any of our iPhones into the computer that all of our phones and my mothers iPad sync to, my computer recognizes it as my father's iPhone. iTunes, however, does recognize the phones correctly.

I hope this made sense..

Can anyone tell me what exactly is going on with our phones?

Last edited:
Try turning off iMessage on all 3 of the phones as well as the iPad. (Settings>Messages>iMessage) If the current plan you are in has unlimited messaging then you should be good. Since all of you are using the same iTunes account I believe this is the issue. As for the issue with phone identity when connected to the computer try going through the identity process on the computer and renaming it.