What's new

FaceTime

azonie

Reaction score
What are we doing wrong. My son and i are trying. Both have iPhone 4. Both of us see pic of ourself and it says FaceTime but that's it

What are we doing wrong. My son and i are trying. Both have iPhone 4. Both of us see pic of ourself and it says FaceTime but that's it

Are you both also connected through wifi? Your voice goes through verizon, the video has to transfer through a wifi connection. So both must have wifi on and also have a wifi connection.

Are you both also connected through wifi? Your voice goes through verizon, the video has to transfer through a wifi connection. So both must have wifi on and also have a wifi connection.

unless you're jailbroken...

Youre not on the same wifi by chance are you? For some reason FaceTime doesn't play nice when I FaceTime my wife when we are both on the same network.

Both phones are showing wifi connection.

Are you on cable internet, DSL, etc? Firewall enabled, disabled? Could be a router issue on one end. Have you tried facetime with anyone else? Process of elimintation.

Are you on cable internet, DSL, etc? Firewall enabled, disabled? Could be a router issue on one end. Have you tried facetime with anyone else? Process of elimintation.
I think you are right in that it is or could be an issue with wifi. We both have DSL but might has separate wireless router and sons has an attachment to the DSL modem.

I've tried to FaceTime with another iPhone 4 while connected to the same router, and didn't have a problem. Perhaps its finicky with different types of routers?

I too had just purchased another iPhone for the wifey and we tried FaceTime on the same router in the house right next to each other and no problem at all aside from the echo....lol

What you could try is to go to two different public places that have free wifi and test it out.

Got it to work. Was a router setting on sons. I read this can be done with iPod 4 as well?????

azonie said:
Got it to work. Was a router setting on sons. I read this can be done with iPod 4 as well?????

Happy you fixed the issue. The iPod touch can FaceTime it has a front camera.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net