What's new

facetime techinal question

tommygun

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the rear-facing camera, or even video, while using Facetime? Anything to get away from my mug. When I try to switch cameras during Facetime conversations, nothing changes except the synchronization of the live video/audio.

Should be as easy as tapping the switch camera button. Mine works fine... Might try a reboot.

When you start your facetime session, the default is the front camera. Like DannyBoy said, you can tap on the top right corner and it will switch to the rear camera.

When you start your facetime session, the default is the front camera. Like DannyBoy said, you can tap on the top right corner and it will switch to the rear camera.

I have no problem switching cameras, except on Facetime. I'll see what happens after the reboot. Thanks.

Reset it.. if not maybe its.. faulty? :(

I don't know. My friend who was on facetime with me had the identical circumstance on his end--could not switch to the rear-facing camera. I'm just hoping they're not designed to function on facetime with only the front-facing camera.

Hi Guys
Is it confirmed that making a direct Facetime call doesnt charge you the network charges of your mobile service provider??

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys
Is it confirmed that making a direct Facetime call doesnt charge you the network charges of your mobile service provider??

Thanks in advance

As long a you do a direct FT call. If you call over the network using voice first you will be charged for that. But as soon as its switches to FT it all wifi.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've been out of town for the last two weeks. I hooked up for FT with usad 22, and it worked out fine. Switching from rear-facing to front-facing video was no problem.