What's new

facetime techinal question

Hi Guys
Is it confirmed that making a direct Facetime call doesnt charge you the network charges of your mobile service provider??

Thanks in advance

As long a you do a direct FT call. If you call over the network using voice first you will be charged for that. But as soon as its switches to FT it all wifi.
So does FT ever go against your data plan?

Hi everyone, this is the first iphone i have ever brought (iphone 4) i love it but the only thing i do not like is the facetime. At the moment you have to be hooked up to wifi to make it work, from what ive read. Im not always able to hook to wifi, can you only ring other iphones on it? i tried facetime on my partner and it does not connect, just says failed connection. watching the facetime information on my phone they make out that its brand new to beable to view someone when talking. Ive got an old Nokia N70 about 5 years old and i can video call on that to almost anyone who can accept video calls with any type phone it does not have to be a nokia and its pretty good. I love the new iphone and what i want to know is : can you video call someone with out an iphone like a nokia? can you video call someone with out having to be connected to wifi? and if no is the answer does anybody know if and when are apple going to do something about it. it does suck a bit. Thanks

Hi everyone, this is the first iphone i have ever brought (iphone 4) i love it but the only thing i do not like is the facetime. At the moment you have to be hooked up to wifi to make it work, from what ive read. Im not always able to hook to wifi, can you only ring other iphones on it? i tried facetime on my partner and it does not connect, just says failed connection. watching the facetime information on my phone they make out that its brand new to beable to view someone when talking. Ive got an old Nokia N70 about 5 years old and i can video call on that to almost anyone who can accept video calls with any type phone it does not have to be a nokia and its pretty good. I love the new iphone and what i want to know is : can you video call someone with out an iphone like a nokia? can you video call someone with out having to be connected to wifi? and if no is the answer does anybody know if and when are apple going to do something about it. it does suck a bit. Thanks

Infact FaceTime is one of the key and major highlights of the Iphone4. The feature which can actually give you the Return on Investments.
The very fact that IP4 uses WiFi is the fact that you can experience a Jitter free video call which is NEVER possible on 3G.
At the moment Facetime is possible only from one iphone4 to another iphone4...BUT rumours are that ios 4.1 will allow Facetime between Iphone4 and email chats (like gmail chat , yahoo chat etc)