What's new

Facetime lost after jailbreak 4.1 using pwnage tool

mr848

Reaction score
Hi all

Facetime lost after jailbreak my iphone 4 to 4.1 firmware

Used the pwnage tool(previously firmware was 4.0.1)

Went to settings/phone and turn on facetime icon but it is stuck to "waiting for activation"...is that normal?

Can anyone help me please?

Mr848

I had a similar problem. Go to Settings->General->Reset (at bottom of screen)->Reset Network Settings.

After performing reset you'll lose all your WiFi passwords so you'll have to reconnect to all your known networks.

hi guys. mine can not see the option for facetime . i looked everywhere but could not see it . why i lost it ?

I have exactly the same issue but searching on the net, I saw a thread saying you need to install "carrier reset fix" package from cydia and it worked for me. However, the issue right now is my facetime is stuck at "waiting for activation" in the last 3 days. I have tried many suggestions on the internet but none has worked so far....

any thought?

I have exactly the same issue but searching on the net, I saw a thread saying you need to install "carrier reset fix" package from cydia and it worked for me. However, the issue right now is my facetime is stuck at "waiting for activation" in the last 3 days. I have tried many suggestions on the internet but none has worked so far....

any thought?

it would be so nice if you tell me exactely steps how to go and do it . i went to serach i got fix logo not reset fix . i dont wanna instal anything that may make things worst. thanx

any thought?
never mind i did the restore from my back up and i got back the facetime icon but with tmobile still having same problem as you have .

I got my facetime finally working after jailbreak and upgrade to 4.1. This is what I did (you will need the original ATT sim card). Jailbreak iphone 4 with pwnagetool 4.1.2, choose "expert" mode and uncheck "Activate the phone" option. After I successfully jailbreak my iphone 4. Connect your iphone 4 with the original ATT sim card inside the phone to your itunes. The phone will give some warning about "it takes few minutes to activate" or something like that. I then installed ultrasnOw to unlock my phone and I put in a China Mobile sim card. After a few minutes, my facetime activated automatically. I might have also opened up safari and put facetime://"myphonenumber" but I am not sure if that is necessary.

Hope this helps...