What's new

Facetime feature vs other phones

Brian

Reaction score
Well, we all know that the iPhone has set the standard for all other mobile devices to aspire too. That means, in my opinion, over the next year we will see most of the competing phones come out with thier own version facetime video calling. My son who's become rather skeptical, argues that Apples facetime will not be compatible with any of the other phones versions. I disagree. I believe when Samsung comes out with thier version of facetime, that iPhone 4 owners will be able to make facetime calls to these phones. Is there a definitive answer to this question yet?

Apple is making the Facetime and Open internet standard so other companies will be able to use it on their phones. So yes, if Samsung uses Apples Facetime software then they will be able to communicate with each other.

There's always Skype. It is already established, we just need more phones with front camera capability. So if Facetime doesn't fly, we have a back up.

phones have had "facetime"" for a long time but i have not seen any that let you use either front or back cam and that let you use it over wifi unless using an app like skype