What's new

Facetime does not work on my ported number

ady199

Reaction score
Had my iPhone 4 for just over a week now and I'm loving it - especially Facetime.

I had my original number ported over to the iPhone 4 - One problem I've found is that Facetime does not work on my ported number, it will only work if someone connects through the number that came with the sim card.

Is there anyway that people can use my ported number to contact me through Facetime??

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm that's weird I ported my number over from T-Moble and I have the face time option on the screen. I have never used it, but its there...

Hmmm that's weird I ported my number over from T-Moble and I have the face time option on the screen. I have never used it, but its there...

Hi,

I also have the Facetime button, thats not the problem, the problem is that people are unable to initiate a Facetime call if they use my ported number it will only connect on the number that came with the sim card

Hi,

I also have the Facetime button, thats not the problem, the problem is that people are unable to initiate a Facetime call if they use my ported number it will only connect on the number that came with the sim card

Oh snapz! I didn't know that I thought the option wasn't there for you. Damn now I have to check and see if mine works... (somehow)

Ok,

I've managed to find a fix:-

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings>PIN>Auto Restart>DONE

You will only be required to change back your...*
Wallpaper
Sounds Options
Mail and WiFi Passwords

Works great - now people can initiate a Facetime call using my ported number

Ok,

I've managed to find a fix:-

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings>PIN>Auto Restart>DONE

You will only be required to change back your...*
Wallpaper
Sounds Options
Mail and WiFi Passwords

Works great - now people can initiate a Facetime call using my ported number

Thanks for tip...

would be nice if facetime worked over 3g also not just wifi but free is good

My father also had this problem on his new iPhone. He had switched from a 3GS to the iPhone 4 and did not port the number. The fix worked!

ive tried all but "WAITING FOR ACTIVATION ERROR" still there.

any other solution??

Hi all. The fix didn't work for me either, but here's what did:
1. Settings>phone>My Number. Does it display your new number? If not (mine was still on the one that came with the phone) then change it.
2. Settings>phone>FaceTime> Turn the slider to the 'off' position, then turn on again. It will say 'Awaiting Activation' - which is what it sounds like - it activates FaceTime on the new number.
3. My service provider (Tesco) suggested I then do the reset routine suggested above, but I didn't need to do this.

Good luck!

i am also facing the problem with facetime. I have jailbroken iphone4 and i recently ported the service provider from Vodafone to Loop without change in my number. I did nor check for face time button in the phone setting but earlier with Vodafone carrier it was very much there and was working well. Today when i wanted to call up my friend on face time, i checked and found face time was nor working. I went to setting and started the facetime button on and waited for long time as it displayed facetime getting activated. As it did not work ,i read some of the forums and suggested to reset all settings followed by reboot . I did that and what i found after this is that my facetime button is missing alltogether from the phone menu.
can anyone help me with this to get facetime right on the track

That's terrific. Have u tried a soft reset? Power button plus home button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i also tried soft reset but did not work.
i did lot of homework and one trick worked. i removed the sim from the tray and kept it outside for 30 minutes and then reinserted .
voila it worked for me .i got the face time button back on the menu but when i slide it on,it still says waiting for activation .
any suggestion how to get it activated. One good thing is that i got the facetime button back which went missing. Lets see if someone can help me with activating it.

Please add this source for facetime which is not working on iPhone 4 after jailbreak,

1)http://cydia.pushfix.info
2)install mitime apps
3)off the power and on again

Check Your face time whether working or not?

My iPhone 4 (IOS 4.3.2, firmware 04.10.01) is same problem with you, after installed mitime my iphone 4 face time is working :)