What's new

Facetime still under an old account?

trich

Reaction score
I am new to AT&T.

They established two lines to mail the phones out then once activated both numbers were ported over.

Been to apple store twice and on at&t for hours

On WiFi for reference call them phone 1 and phone 2

Phone 2 can facetime to phone 1 and on phone 1 it shows a facetime from the original number the phone mailed with but via voice/message/picture it shows the correct number after the port was succesful

Then phone 1 can not facetime to phone 2 ever. It cannot connect

All settings are correct its turned on I have done the resets.

I figured the facetime had it own number or account somehow under my umbrella with AT&T that could be deleted or rebooted. AT&T has no idea what to do any one have issues when the had to port a number to get facetime to work?

Thank you

"IF" I understand what you're writing.... then your problem is similar to many iPhone users, at least those I've talked to. My two iPhones won't talk to each other in Facetime either, much of the time, but not always. All else is perfect. So.... the solution.... we now use Skype for all video conferencing. Skype works perfectly, every time, unlike Facetime. Though others may disagree, I think Facetime is a piece of junk software that Apple unloaded without much consumer input and testing.