What's new

Facetime problem w/ jailbroken iPhone 4

stevie666

Reaction score
We were trying to set up Facetime at our TV production facility. We set up a test with a guy in the UK, since a lot of our calls come from Europe and the UK. Audio was fine both ways and we could see him (on his iPhone (we were using a new Mac Mini)) but all he saw was a green screen. Hmm...I later tried calling in on my iPhone (using iOS 4.6.2) ...same thing...I saw a green screen.

So yesterday I was noodling about in a Facetime forum somewhere and the author made a casual reference to Facetime acting oddly at times with jail-broken iPhones. My phone is jailbroken! So we quickly found someone with an unJbroken iPhone and voila! everything worked as expected. Turns out the guy in the UK had jailbroken his phone also which explains the green screen.

Bottom line: on my JB iPhone I can Facetime with another iPhone user, JB or not) but with at least this Mac Mini I cannot see the video it sends out. Curious, no??!? Stevie 666

Anyone have a similar experience?

No i've never had that issue while making face time even though my iPhone 4 was a jailbreak one.