What's new

Facebook Launches Reactions Feature

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook launches Reactions.JPG

Facebook announced today that it is launching a new extension of the Like button, Reactions, which are ways in which you can express your views on a post in addition to “Liking” it.

Here’s how Facebook explained the new feature in a press release today:

“Every day, people come to Facebook to discover what’s happening in their world and around the world, and to share all kinds of things, whether that’s updates that are happy, sad, funny or thought-provoking. News Feed is the central way you can get updates about your friends, family and anything else that matters to you, and the central place to have conversations with the people you care about. We’ve been listening to people and know that there should be more ways to easily and quickly express how something you see in the News Feed makes you feel. That’s why we are launching Reactions, and extension of the Like button, to give you more ways to share your reaction to a post in a quick and easy way.”

So when you see a post that you want to react to, all you have to do is hold down the Like button (on mobile) or hover your cursor over the Like button (on desktop) and you’ll be presented with reaction image options that you can choose from: Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad or Angry. Tap on your choice to select it.

Unfortunately for those who were wanting a Dislike button, that is not included, so you'll just have to use Sad or Angry to express your displeasure!

Reactions are available now worldwide.

Source: Facebook

I don't understand why they didn't add a Dislike button, That's probably the one that would have been used the most.

I don't understand why they didn't add a Dislike button, That's probably the one that would have been used the most.
Yep. An angry emoji they add but not the dislike. And dislike would have been the only addition I would likely have used.

I think its a lot easier to bully someone with a dislike button...

Perhaps, although that would not be my intention. In fact, that kind of behavior hadn't occurred to me. And the angry emoji could probably bully also.

Too bad I left Facebook 2 weeks ago... I may have to reactivate my account to post a wow or mad face on someone's post lol!

Sent from my iPhone(Maci) using Tapatalk