What's new

Facebook app help !

Alex375

Reaction score
Not sure if a topic like this exists but I'd like to know how I can get notifications that will pop up on my lock screen from Facebook when someone likes my status or anything . Some of my friends have this working but I can't seem to manage to get it to work ! I'm using a 4s as well. Anyone know how to help ?

Thanks !

I think what you want is in settings-notifications,you can choose an alert style such as banner from there.

I've looked in that. For instance I get notifications when people comment on a status of mine or post on my wall , but I don't get one that pops up when someone 'likes' something of mine!

I've looked in that. For instance I get notifications when people comment on a status of mine or post on my wall , but I don't get one that pops up when someone 'likes' something of mine!
Ah right,im not sure about that,someone may come along who can help though.

sorry to bring this thread back up but I still havent found the solution to this and its very annoying! :/

Not sure if a topic like this exists but I'd like to know how I can get notifications that will pop up on my lock screen from Facebook when someone likes my status or anything . Some of my friends have this working but I can't seem to manage to get it to work ! I'm using a 4s as well. Anyone know how to help ?

Thanks !
so the friends that have it working, do they have it working on iPhone?

Yeah they have it working on iphone , litereally it will pop on as for example a text would, with a box in the middle of the lock screen and say "joe bloggs likes your status". Can't find the option to enable it on my settings at all !

do you have view in lock screen set to on in notifications?

Yeah that is on , I get notifications such as comments and messages. I have also looked in the settings and there is tabs for everything such as comments and people sending messages and wall posts , but nothing about likes.. :/

I'm thinking that 4s doesn't have that then,i looked in mine and can't see an option for it.

yea im starting to think the 4s doesnt do that! yea ive checked them as well. Anyone able to see their notifications on their 4s?

4s does do that. im using 4s. but sometimes i dont get notifications. idk why. its ok sometimes then it dont. try to restart your phone.

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

I hope this work..

Open facebook > settings > Account settings > facebook notifications > push notifications

And make sure both selected

After close app and open it again and chack if it work or not - im not sure its work or not -

I went into that and they were already ticked on ! On the actual iPhone settings , under Facebook then push notifications , there's options for everything else bar likes !